cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

NPrinting 17 Set Field Filter

Hey Guys,

Im following on from some recent help regarding a filter value that needs to be set to TODAY-2 Days on the Date field. Is anyone perhaps able to assist with what this issue that I am current facing which is causing my reload task to fail in N17.

I have attached the images below, the first image below is exactly how its used within the Qlik model. The second and third images are how they are setup in NPrinting 17 along with the error that we are getting (N17 April Release).

Its the only issue causing my reloads to fail and I cannot seem to pinpoint why. The country/land filter alone works just fine, however this fails when I combine it with my date filter that I created.

3.PNG

2.PNG

4.PNG

1.PNG

Thanks In Advance

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hey Lech,

Came right with some direction from cn_sa_dev‌ and your answer. The final solution was as follows:

1. Used our common calendar that contains our date field
  2. Created an addition column in this calendar called DateNum which was created with the following logic from your suggestion
    1. Num(Date) as DateNum

1.PNG

3. Set the field within NPrinting 17 to evaluate and used the new Num value, floor'd it just incase.\

2.PNG

4. Task then ran successfully

3.PNG

Thanks again for the guidance leading up to this task and to cn_sa_dev‌ for the help in the execution.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Justin

I think there is just one missing step - data type. As you know Qlik has this ability to store recordes as numbers, dates, text, dual value(mix of text and number) etc.. In Qlik it all somehow work. Now when we go to NPrinting we have to be explicit.

In your case your date field is likely to be integer,date column so in your nprinitng filter you would need to use num(Today()-2).

Also make sure that your date field in Qlik is not having a timestamp so just maybe run Floor() function on it when doing reload?

cheers

Lech

---------------------------------------------

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-14806. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hey Lech,

Iv done a floor() function on the date column just to ensure everything is in order. Im still confused as to why NPrinting 17 wont accept this evaluated option. I ran a test with a button on Qlikview and that would not let me apply the num(Today()-2) function to select my date but it will allow me to use date(Today()-2). So I presume NPrinting 17 also then wont accept the num(Today()-2) function either if this is the case?

Wrong.PNG

Right.PNG

Iv also tried setting the value as all 3 options in NPrinting (Set Value, Set Numeric, Set Evaluated) to but all still popup with the same warning message. The latest attempt dont immediately fail however they do not send the email with the report and just pop a warning message (baby step progress )

Warn.PNG

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

well - did you actualy try to do =num(Today()-2) in NPrinting?

i understand that it could not work in QlikView, but NPrinting is different story...

regards

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hey Lech,

Came right with some direction from cn_sa_dev‌ and your answer. The final solution was as follows:

1. Used our common calendar that contains our date field
  2. Created an addition column in this calendar called DateNum which was created with the following logic from your suggestion
    1. Num(Date) as DateNum

1.PNG

3. Set the field within NPrinting 17 to evaluate and used the new Num value, floor'd it just incase.\

2.PNG

4. Task then ran successfully

3.PNG

Thanks again for the guidance leading up to this task and to cn_sa_dev‌ for the help in the execution.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Yep that was attempted, did all 3 options with num. Posted the solution below, thanks for getting me in the right direction

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

good on ya - cheers !