Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tobiasaechter
Contributor III
Contributor III

NPrinting 19 sample preview chart

Hi,

I am trying to create an NPrinting PPT report. 

When dragging a chart as image on the slide I was able to see a preview of my exact chart in older NPrinting versions.

With version 19 I can only see kind of like a placeholder (like attached) but not the real chart from Qlikview anymore. 

Is there some way to resolve this, as it would make creating slides much easier?

Thanks

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Thanks for the detail. QlikView NPrinting 16 and Qlik NPrinting 17+ are two different software products so they work in different ways on some points also because the architectures behind are different. 

In Qlik NPrinting 16 when using the Designer there was QlikView opened in background, so charts were exported as thumbnails. Qlik NPrinting 17+, instead, uses data from the connection cache and there thumbnails are not available so it inserts a placeholder.

I can suggest to evaluate to implement the same feature as in QlikView NPrinting 16 but without warranties.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

As far as I know this is working as expected at the moment. To simplify development In NPrinting reports based on QlikView I usually change the original object Id's to more meaningfull names (they need to be unique though!!) so it is easy to know which object/chart I am using. 

@Ruggero_Piccoli  - is this something you could lodge as feature request?

thank you!

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

This is how Qlik NPrinting works, also in older versions. It create a placeholder to give you an idea of the dimensions but without data. It is replaced with the image in the preview or when producing the report.

Maybe you are confusing with the native PowerPoint charts.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
tobiasaechter
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi,

what I meant is that in newer versions of NPrinting it uses generic placeholder images, whereas in NPrinting 16 it was showing very useful previews of the object to be displayed in the report.

Pls see attached the new generic placeholder vs. the old preview of the object.

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Thanks for the detail. QlikView NPrinting 16 and Qlik NPrinting 17+ are two different software products so they work in different ways on some points also because the architectures behind are different. 

In Qlik NPrinting 16 when using the Designer there was QlikView opened in background, so charts were exported as thumbnails. Qlik NPrinting 17+, instead, uses data from the connection cache and there thumbnails are not available so it inserts a placeholder.

I can suggest to evaluate to implement the same feature as in QlikView NPrinting 16 but without warranties.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
tobiasaechter
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Ruggero,

thanks for the info.

Yes it would be great if you could suggest to evaluate an implementation of such a feature as it proofed to be extremely helpful to me and many of my colleagues when creating reports in NPrinting 16.

Best regards,
Tobias

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

I confirm that it is already in the requested features list. I added that you are also requesting it.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero