cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

NPrinting Auto-Create Series not working

Hi,

I am trying to use the NPrinting Auto-Create Series option and I select the series properties, the argument properties and the value properties but when I run my report the chart is empty. The chart shows up fine in the Pixel Perfect template. Any thoughts on what I might be missing?

Thank you!

2 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

few questions:

• before asking this question did ou actualy search community for your answer?
  • did you do google search for NPrintin pixel perfect chart?

Below is my answer to your question:

you are missing quite a lot to be frank. You have picked up the most advanced template to work with and it looks like you are the newbie to NPrinting and are missing many components for chart creation in PixPerf

Go through this documentation first (there are step by step tutorials, how to's also videos - they will clear up quite a lot

Value Added Products Resource Library

Also in the future please consider below:

Please write your questions in the community better, with more details in order to keep community clean from vague topics.

For example information you have not provided:

• what exactly are you trying to do (provide source information)
  • what charts you are refering to (embeded pixel perfect charts - bar, line etc...)
  • are you using QlikView or QlikSense
  • provide versions of both Qlik and NPrinitng (I know you have mentioned NP version above when asked)
  • did you try to resize object by changing its properties / or even grabing edge with the mouse and changing its size
  • provide screenshots of what is expected and what you get
  • provide screenshots of properties on the left nav
  • and many more.....

Basicly try to explain to users what you are doing, what you are trying to achieve (show what you have and what you expect to have) , maybe provide a sample data

cheers

Lech

---------------------------------------------

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

This bug will be fixed in next release April 2018. From the Release Notes:

Auto created series in PixelPerfect charts did not work

Auto created series were visible in PixelPerfect charts but did not work. Thanks to auto created series

you can, for example, create side-by-side bar charts starting from a QlikView or Qlik Sense object with

the columns Year, Month and Sales without the need of creating different Sales data series directly in

the source table.

If you want you can test the Technical Preview Qlik NPrinting April 2018 Technical Preview. Note that the TP is only for testing and must not be used in production.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-14806. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.