Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
QlikToFindOut
Creator
Creator

NPrinting Connection fails to generate metadata

Hello,

I just finished a fresh install of Qlik NPrinting May 2021 SR2 and am looking to connect to Qlik Sense which is also on May 2021 (Patch 4).

When verifying the connection, I get all green checkmarks, but when it comes time to generating the Qlik metadata, it just times out with no intelligent error message:

November 24, 2021 11:32:58 AM Info Execution reset by scheduler startup
November 24, 2021 11:33:08 AM Info Execution reset by scheduler startup
November 24, 2021 11:33:18 AM Info Execution reset by scheduler startup
November 24, 2021 11:33:28 AM Warn Exceeded maximum number of retries

When I check the NPrinting log files, I do see this:

20211124T113220.167-05:00 [39] INFO Engine.Navigator.QlikSense.SDK.Rendering.SenseAuthenticator - Engine.Navigator.QlikSense.SDK 21.14.5.0 Engine.Navigator.QlikSense.SDK.Rendering.SenseAuthenticator 20211124T113220.166-05:00 INFO MYNPRINTINGSERVER1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 trying to get login cookie via a qlikTicket from: https://MYQLIKSENSESERVER1.fss.anitech.com/hub/?qlikTicket=CLjdwBN92wWXWzwJ

And then right above it, I see:

20211124T110319.461-05:00 [26] ERROR Engine.Navigator.QlikSense.SDK.Rendering.SenseAuthenticator - Engine.Navigator.QlikSense.SDK 21.14.5.0 Engine.Navigator.QlikSense.SDK.Rendering.SenseAuthenticator 20211124T110319.461-05:00 ERROR MYNPRINTINGSERVER1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 An issue occurred in MashupServer.GetAuthenticationCookiesAndConsumeQlikTicket. Proceeding anyway by using Windows authentication to load the mashup page. ERROR: System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (400) Bad Request.↓↓ at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()↓↓ at Engine.Navigator.QlikSense.SDK.QRSApi.TryGetResponse(HttpWebRequest request) in C:\Jws\release-may2021-QJBWLpX4f\server\NPrinting\src\Engine.Navigator.QlikSense.SDK\QRSApi.cs:line 92↓↓ at Engine.Navigator.QlikSense.SDK.QRSApi.GetQlikTicket(QlikSenseConnectionString conn) in C:\Jws\release-may2021-QJBWLpX4f\server\NPrinting\src\Engine.Navigator.QlikSense.SDK\QRSApi.cs:line 437↓↓ at Engine.Navigator.QlikSense.SDK.Rendering.SenseAuthenticator.GetAuthenticationCookiesAndConsumeQlikTicket() in C:\Jws\release-may2021-QJBWLpX4f\server\NPrinting\src\Engine.Navigator.QlikSense.SDK\Rendering\SenseAuthenticator.cs:line 98↓↓ at Engine.Navigator.QlikSense.SDK.Rendering.SenseAuthenticator.RefreshAuthCookies() in C:\Jws\release-may2021-QJBWLpX4f\server\NPrinting\src\Engine.Navigator.QlikSense.SDK\Rendering\SenseAuthenticator.cs:line 74

Aside from generating the certificate from the Central node and copying it over to the NPrinting server, are there any other steps I need to take to get past this? The NPrinting metadata generation only fails because it seems like it's just simply timing out. Not sure where else to be looking. For background information, we also have three rim nodes which are used as load balancing engines, but I don't think I need to generate anything from them.

Thanks for your time!

Labels (2)
10 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

@svuradi - Your answer is an example of why it is so important to have version of NPrinting provided with the question. Your answer applies to very recent versions (2023) as from that time the setting you are talking about was introduced, however it is invalid and does not apply when talking about May 2021 version from question and in fact may confuse users who are not aware of this difference.

cheers

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.