cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
baarathi
Creator III
Creator III

NPrinting Dynamic Report Naming Using Filter Value

I have NPrinting Report named Sales Report, I have applied User Level Filter so as to Send Sales Report based on Country.

Filter for User1: CountryName = India and User2: CountryName = Australia. Is it possible to deliver the reports like below format.

User1 - Sales Report for India 

User2 - Sales Report for Australia

Any suggestions to get the above output? 

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

You could create Qlik Variable like:

Variable: ReportName

with definition

=Concat(Distinct YourFilteredField,'_')

and then use Qlik variable in dynamic report name syntax (see pictures below)

I have used QlikView, but Qlik Sense variables can be used in the same way. In the below example i filter report to show only Dim1 = A.

regards

Lech

2.png1.png3.png

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

You could create Qlik Variable like:

Variable: ReportName

with definition

=Concat(Distinct YourFilteredField,'_')

and then use Qlik variable in dynamic report name syntax (see pictures below)

I have used QlikView, but Qlik Sense variables can be used in the same way. In the below example i filter report to show only Dim1 = A.

regards

Lech

2.png1.png3.png

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
baarathi
Creator III
Creator III
Author

@Lech_Miszkiewicz Thank You. The qlik variable expression you gave does not seem to work. Remaining things works fine. For the qlik variable i have used getselectedfield(fieldname).

Steveo250k
Contributor II
Contributor II

I don't see how this is supposed to work.  I have my filters in NPrinting, not Qlik Sense.  How is creating a variable in Qlik Sense going to know the filter values I'm setting in NPrinting?

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @Steveo250k,

Filters in NPrinitng apply selections in Qlik Sesnse data model. If you look close to the way how i suggest using variable you will notice that it starts with "=" sign, meaning that it evalueates every time there is a change in data model (change like applied selection etc.). So as soon as you apply NPrinitng filter it applies the field selection on Qlik Sense data model, variable gets evaluated, evaluated value gets returned back to NPrinting and can be used for whatever purpose you need it.

regards

L