Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

NPrinting Filters

I have created various charts/tables in QlikView (Version 11.20.13206.0 SR13) using various bookmarks I order to select different criteria.

I have pulled these charts through into NPrinting Word document (Version 16.6.0.0 SR6) and works fine.

I'm now trying to add filters in NPrinting so that it filters the charts further and applies this month's data only, but this does not seem to work.

Is there something obvious which I am doing wrong?

2 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Nick, yes there are some basic things:

1. how much training and experience have you got with nprinting and qlik? I assume you are a Qlik Developer and NPrinting developer so you know both programs well and you have some knowledge how to use both?
    1. ideally you want to be an QlikView app developer so you know exactly how app is developed, how data model is meant to work, what data types are used in particular fields. this all is very important and can shorten your debugging time.
  2. use this link to browse through knowledge base for basic NPrinitng tutorials and also check if your setup is meeting minimal requirements (your QlikView version seem to be very old) Value Added Products Resource Library
  3. can you share screenshots of your filter in nprinitng, and how you apply it on your objects or reports or tasks so we can start searching for obvious things.

regards

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

I suggest you to upgrade to 16.8, the latest version of the 16 series.

Qlik NPrinting 16.8 and older supports QlikView bookmarks in filters and it is documented in the link added by lech_miszkiewiczHow to Create QlikView Bookmark Filters Using Dynamic Search Expressions.

Note that this feature is not yet supported by Qlik NPrinting 17+ (at the moment latest version is September 2018), so if you create filters by using QlikView bookmarks the migration to 17+ will be a bit longer. So please evaluate to create native Qlik NPrinting filters.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

---------------------------------------------

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-14806. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.