Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lanlizgu
Creator III
Creator III

NPrinting Formatting Rule in a Formula

Hi,

I am trying to apply a formatting rule for a formula, but I am not able to develop this, is it possible to apply a formatting rule for a formula?

I am able to apply formatting rules inside levels but not in formulas.

Thank you.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
lanlizgu
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Ruggero,

It is for pixel perfect. I am afraid that formatting rules are not available for formulas in pixel perfect.

At the end I imported the data as a table so I could edit the formatting rules.

Thank you.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,,

What kind of report are you developing?

In any case, if with formatting rule you mean for example the number of decimals, I suggest to add Qlik formatting functions directly in the formula.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

---------------------------------------------

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-14806. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Agree with Ruggero,

example would be also helpfull

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Yessss! It is very hard to answer to a question with few details like this

Best Regards,

Ruggero

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-14806. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
lanlizgu
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Ruggero,

It is for pixel perfect. I am afraid that formatting rules are not available for formulas in pixel perfect.

At the end I imported the data as a table so I could edit the formatting rules.

Thank you.

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

In a PixelPerfect template you can create a formatting rule in the meaning that the format of a cell changes if a condition is true.

Click on the smart tag and open the Formatting rule menu

Condition Editor.png

Then use the formula editor to create the rule. You can use the fields that are available in the Levels node.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
lanlizgu
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Ruggero, I know how the formatting rule works. The thing is that as you mentioned, this is only for fields in the Levels node and not for tables or formulas.

Therefore, there is a limitaton in the usage of the formatting rule, as in order to use this feature you need to create the data in Levels, as you can't use the data created as tables and/or formulas in this feature.

Thank you.