Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tamarah
Contributor III
Contributor III

NPrinting | Skip empty levels

Hi,

I have an NPrinting requirement I can't figure out.

My template contains a table showing the amount of complaints received per cause per type of material.  I've used type of  material as a level. This all works fine. But what I'm looking for is a way to ignore empty levels.

I've read a post about this topic with the solution to use a report filter.  https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-NPrinting-Discussions/NPrinting-Empty-Levels/m-p/993603

But in my case the expression is more complex with set analysis and the way I see it, it can't be done with the use of a filter. Or am I missing somehting here?

Is there another way this can be fixed? Is pixel perfect an option? I have never done something with pixel perfect but if you can tell me that is the way to solve this requirement I will have to spend some time learning how to use that feature.

Thank you in advance!

Regards, Tamarah

Labels (2)
1 Reply
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

In Levels you can add fields, like type of  material, and you will have a level for each distinct value of the field also if it has no data. The Levels node accepts also straight tables, so you can create a new one with rows only for type of  material that have data, refresh the connection cache, close and reopen the Designer and add this new table in the Levels node. Then create the level, starting and ending tags, by dragging and dropping the type of  material table column tag instead of the one from the field.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.