cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
michaeldburt
Partner - Contributor III

NPrinting User Subfolders

Is it possible to create more than one subfolder (or folder for that matter) for an NPrinting user?  Can folders be seperated in the Folder or Subfolder field by a comma, semicolon, etc?

Trying to get around the fact we can't dynamically name/create folders. I've created the users for each of the values in my cycle field, but need to create subfolders based on a secondary field and the values of that field.  Can't seem to think of any other way, and I don't want to have to create 5 or 6 users for each.

Example:

I have 5 districts and created a user for each, as well as a folder for their user name (i.e. the name of the district)

each district has 5 or 6 territories in it, which need to be subfolders within those District folders.  My thought was to enter those territories individually as subfolders under the Users, but i don't think it's possible.  Hoping I'm wrong.

thanks

4 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

It is NOT true that folders cannot be created dynamicly

You can always use variable as a part of the destination path.

See here for example - there is a path component "Qlik variable":

Re: Folder Destination with Qlik Variable

I think with the variable you can handle all required combinations!

cheers

Lech

--------------------------------------------

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-14806. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

010 define the folder.png

Best Regards,

Ruggero

---------------------------------------------

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-14806. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
michaeldburt
Author

After attempting to use the variables I was unable to get the reports to distribute to the necessary folders/subfolders dynamically.  The variable worked for the name of the reports, but they all went into the same folder.  I set the destination to use that same Qlik variable, but it only went to the root of the folder.

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

If you want a different folder for each user you need to the the User Name or the User Folder or the User Subfolder in the destination configuration. 

Best Regards,
Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.