Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Yeeshika
Contributor II
Contributor II

NPrinting excel export to destination folder

Hi, 

I am new to NPrinting and trying to export an excel report into a folder. I have Qlik NPrinting May 2023 SR1. 

I have created a destination folder custom path and have created a task and added the destination folder. The job runs successfully but the excel file isn't exported to the folder. 

Not sure if I'm missing something.

Does anyone have any idea how to fix this issue?

Thanks,

Yeeshika

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

We need a bit more information to understand the reason. I suggest you to start by checking the Task Executions page and enter in the details of the task that should publish the reports on the folder. Refer to https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2023/Content/NPrinting/AdministeringQVNprinting/Tasks/Task-...

If you are not able do solve following the error message in Task Executions page please share some screenshots of the Publish Task configuration. 

Be also sure that all involved entities are active. For example check that the users in the publish task are active and all has a role. If you are using the role Users be sure it is active.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

We need a bit more information to understand the reason. I suggest you to start by checking the Task Executions page and enter in the details of the task that should publish the reports on the folder. Refer to https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2023/Content/NPrinting/AdministeringQVNprinting/Tasks/Task-...

If you are not able do solve following the error message in Task Executions page please share some screenshots of the Publish Task configuration. 

Be also sure that all involved entities are active. For example check that the users in the publish task are active and all has a role. If you are using the role Users be sure it is active.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Anil_Babu_Samineni

@Yeeshika One issue could be that task must have warning, and says access denied? 

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
David_Friend
Support
Support

Do you get any warnings at the end of the task execution?

Yeeshika
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Ruggero, 

Thanks for this, very helpful! As per your advice, I checked the task executions page and the access to the folder path was denied. Have since given the right permissions to the folder and it works! 

Kind regards,

Yeeshika

Yeeshika
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

@Anil_Babu_Samineni Yes, that's exactly what it was. The task warning said access denied. Have resolved the issue now. Thanks!

Yeeshika
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi David,

I'm quite new to NPrinting so didn't know about the task execution page. The warning was the the access was denied. Have resolved the issue now, thanks!