Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
eleni_theodorid
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

NPrinting fit tables to page in PDF

Hi all,

I am using Qlik NPrinting February 2018 SR1. I have created via excel template a report which uses a lot of tables (straight/pivot) and I am facing some issues when I send the report as PDF. Although there is space at the bottom of my page, NPrinting does not fit tables to the whole page, as well the fonts are too small although I am changing Qlik fonts. I need something like scale or fit to page but I haven't found any solution, as a result, the printed file is not readable.....(see attached)

I have already changed in Excel Page Layout Width to 1 page and Height Auto but nothing....

Please advice.

Thanks in advance,

Eleni

5 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Eleni

You were right to change Excel Page Layout Width. How about the Page/Print Layout - should it be vertical or horizontal?

I can only suggest to forget for a moment about nprinting, produce report to excel format (xlsx) and then try to setup Print Layout for it properly. This is just Excel setup and has almost nothing to do with NPrinting.

By opening your report in Excel and looking at the Print Preview and Print Page layout you should see how does is lay out on the page where your report is.

You are also saying that you are using Pivot Tables - is it possible that because of that you are changing print area by adding extra columns when producing pivot table?

So like i said:

• produce an excel version of the report
  • then try to simply print it to pdf - i am sure you will have the same results as your current report

some usefull topics - but you have already mentioned them:

Set or clear a print area on a worksheet - Excel

Scale a worksheet - Excel

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
eleni_theodorid
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hi Lech,

Thank you for your reply.

The report has to be Portrait because it's a 20-page report and if I convert it to Landscape it became 40 pages and is not acceptable.

I am a little bit confused about you main suggestion "produce an excel version of the report and then print it to pdf", let's suppose that it works, how we could make it work directly from NPrinting since we need to send a PDF report to the users?

Regards,

Eleni

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

The production of Excel version first will be just part of development helping you to understand why your PDF print is cropped or not set properly.

Once you have XLS version of report created in NPrinintg (effectively it is just changed output to XLS rather than PDF) then you can open this file and see how prinitng setting are set in there. That usually answers 99% of questions why the PDF version is not what i wanted...

Just give it a try - it does not take that much time.

regards

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
eleni_theodorid
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Thank you Lech, I am already working on it and I will let you know if I need any further info.

Regards,

Eleni

DurgaKonamarthi
Contributor
Contributor

Go to page layout in the edit template, under print titles click on the small arrow mark in a triangle,

change the scaling to Fit to 1 and wide by 8 or 10 tall.

click on ok and preview in pdf