cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stig
Contributor II
Contributor II

NPrinting on demand not taking filter into account

I have a set of Qliksense report where a user selects a period which then updates all results in charts with results up to this month, based on variables to drive set analysis for year to date, current period &c.

I have setup an Nprinting on demand report which generates the required tables into an excel based pdf format for distribution.  The aim being that the user will choose a period, check results and then export multiple charts onto a PDF for distribution.

My issue is that when the user selects a period using a field filter (an island table to avoid affecting results directly) the on-demand report is not taking the selection into account.  The report is returning for example the May results even if June is selected.  I have also applied other filters which will affect the results directly (such as category) and this is also not passed to NPrinting.

I have set connections up with and without 'apply section access'.  Report does not have any NPrinting filters applied.

NPrinting May 2022 v 22.15.2.0

Qliksense May 2022 patch 2

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Frank_S
Support
Support

NPrinting On Demand will not take filters into account when for example, you have unsupported items such as always one selected values and sheet triggers:

Visit link: Unsupported Items

-Always one selected value in one of your dimensions.

-Sheet Action Triggers

Also if you have a report filter on your NPrinting report, this to can impact your report results. You must remove the report filter to enable expected results. In the example below, you would need to remove the value in the selected items column.

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

NPrinting On Demand will not take filters into account when for example, you have unsupported items such as always one selected values and sheet triggers:

Visit link: Unsupported Items

-Always one selected value in one of your dimensions.

-Sheet Action Triggers

Also if you have a report filter on your NPrinting report, this to can impact your report results. You must remove the report filter to enable expected results. In the example below, you would need to remove the value in the selected items column.

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Stig
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Many thanks @Frank_S ,

seems simple enough to remove the always one selected but hadn't spotted it and was driving me nuts.

thanks,