Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vijay4b4
Contributor III
Contributor III

NPrinting report error

Hi,

There are 300 reports being generated. There are about 10 sections of data in the report(20 pages). The report is pixel perfect. Values in One section of data is missing everytime for some random reports, not in every report. When i rerun the task in QMC without doing any debugging, the data is being seen in that section of report. But for the first time when we run the QMC task for generating those reports, the data in most of the reports is missing for one particular section. When we rerun the qmc task, the regenerated reports shows those values in the report.

But our qmc handles many projects, so rerunning this task of 300 reports is affecting the load of the server.

i am not sure if its a QMC error or NPrinting error.

Does anyone has any idea about how to resolve this, please?

Qlik NPrinting 

Labels (2)
10 Replies
David_Friend
Support
Support

@vijay4b4 hello!

Not really sure where to start, would it be possible to illustrate with some screenshots (only if data is not private of course)

What version is QlikView?

Local or QVP Connection?

Any Section Access?

Please be more descriptive, when you say a QlikView task generates the reports what do you mean?

Frank_S
Support
Support

I suggest you provide the additional detail mentioned by David.

You need to ensure that you 

• use QVP connections and 
  • that there are no unsupported items in your QVW.

The behavior you mention may be indicative that both points above apply to your situation.

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

QMC = QlikView Management Console, so what is its correlation with Qlik NPrinting? Qlik NPrinting has its administrative user interface called Web Console. Are you running Qlik NPrinting tasks via APIs?

The behavior you described seems related with "filters" in the broader meaning. So you have something unsupported in the .QVW like triggers that randomly changes the data or a misconfigured section access or recipient filters, etc. 

I suggest you apply to the source QVW the same selections you applied to generate the reports where there are no data and be sure that there are data on the used objects. 

I agree on the request for more details and I would like to add the request for the PixelPerfect template screenshots.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
vijay4b4
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi David, The Qlikview version is 12.5 , it is a QVP connection. 
and the data is confidential bank data, wont be able to share.  Has section access but The QMC task for report generation has been running for last 2 years succesfully without those errors.  

Report is successfully generated without errors. suddenly it started showing no values for that particular section. But when i rerun the report, the values are shown correctly. Strange.

Attached a screenshot of the task.

Frank_S
Support
Support

@vijay4b4

Check that 

As long as there are unsupported items in your QVW, you will continue to get unexpected results that you are seeing. This is most likely the issue. The workaround is in the article of the first bullet point above.

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
vijay4b4
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

There are no unsupported objects as i checked. And there was no issue for the last 2 years. All of a sudden this arises.

Frank_S
Support
Support

Check again....as mentioned...it can go wrong any time as long as unsupported items exist.

You may also start a support case but we will check in the support case for these as well. 

In the meantime, you can try to manually reload the QVW you are connecting to in both the QMC and the NPrinting connection. Then retest...

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi, I will not add much to it but I just wanted to check one thing...

How do you ensure that QMC reload of the QVW is done prior the PixelPerfect report generates? Do you use API task chaining so NPrinting only start when QMC reload task finishes or do you use time based trigger in NPrinting?

Is it possible that your QMC reload is not finished on time or maybe over years it needs now more time to finish reload hence your NPrinting report generation is already going when new version of QVW is updated?

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

I would like to add to @Lech_Miszkiewicz 's suggestion:

- open the QVW with one of the users that receive the report with empty parts and check if related data appears. In other words data on QVW with the same filters must be the same as the generated report

- try to run a Qlik NPrinting connection cache reload after the QVW reload on the server and generate the reports only after

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.