Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
QlikMo
Contributor III
Contributor III

New nPrinting errors since upgrade to May 2023

Hello,

Today we have upgraded Qlikview and nPrinting to May 2023. Everything went well apart from a task with new errors.

The upgrade was done at around 11.30am. You can see the task status now changes to failed after the upgrade. The underlying document, data and nPrinting publish task has not changed. 

QlikMo_0-1685707218376.png

When I go into one of the failed tasks all errors are at status 'Warn'  which surprised me because I thought one had to be at error status for the whole task to have a status of 'Failed' (or all reports failed to generate)

In the tasks before the upgrade the warnings were purely for 'failed generation or report' due to filters, which we expected on some of the reports. 

But now we have new errors:

QlikMo_1-1685707595266.png

What does this mean? I assume these errors are what causes the task to be at a Failed status.

Both upgrades were done by the book. Qlikview Server and Desktop are at May 2023, nPrinting Designer, Engine and Server are also May 2023. 

I am just doing more testing but I might have to revert back if this happens to the other reports. I am hoping the issue is only with this report. 

All best practices have been followed with both servers (separate service accounts, dedicated servers, no unsupported actions in QV document, no triggers, no alternate states, no always one selected value, no section access  etc.)  It's just a simple nPrinting report taking tables from Qlikview and outputting into a file locally on the nPrinting server with basic filtering. We use the QVP connection for all documents. 

Appreciate any input. Thanks

Labels (1)
15 Replies
philipp_kunz
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hi QlikMo,

could you describe what helped you solving the issue? We are having similar issues after Upgrading (both QlikView & NNprinting to May 2023).

We Struggle with one Report which is no loner applying Filters on Year and Month on publish Task level. Report Objects are simply empty or filter cannot be applied errors.... We have a Ticket open without response from QLik support

QlikMo
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Philipp,

Actually we never resolved the issue, we're still running on the older version. Our support partners are managing the engagement with Qlik on the issue but I feel that not much is going on. 

I do believe there is something not quite right with nPrinting May 2023. Since we rolled back to the previous version everything is running fine. Personally I was just going to wait for the next release in the hope that they resolve the issue.

philipp_kunz
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hi QlikMo, sorry to hear that .

But thank you for the Info...

cpfefferkorn
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Hello,

I also got some weird errors with the 2023 May version. So today I updated to the newest release.
There is a new 2023 May SR1 release, maybe this fix the problem.

We will see if it helps.

QlikMo
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks for your message. Please let me know how you get on and if the error goes away. I am also planning to try SR1 soon. 

Frank_S
Support
Support

If you haven't already done so @philipp_kunz 
Please do start a support request or consider upgrading to May 2023 SR 1. 

Also ensure that your Antivirus exceptions on your NP server are in place as well

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Official-Support-Articles/Qlik-NPrinting-Server-Engine-and-Designer-An...

Kind regards,..

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!