cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shubhamjindal
Contributor
Contributor

Not able to store file through Nprint in Shared folder

I am trying to store an excel file through Nprinting into a  Shared Folder. I am able to access the shared folder through the nprinting server. Still i am getting an error while running the task(Username or password is incorrect). Screenshot is attached for your reference. Kindly provide a solution for this issue. I am using Nprinting 20.0.3.0 (February 2020).

shubhamjindal_0-1696422566006.png

Labels (1)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

make sure Nprinting scheduler service account is able to access this location without need of providing user name and password.

Rdp to nprinting server as nprinting scheduler service account, try accessing the path and if you get a prompt to put through user name and password then you know the reason why automated process is not working

cheers

UPDATE: I have changed "engine service" to "scheduler service" in my comment as @Frank_S correctly noticed in my answer. Thanks Frank!

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

Frank_S
Support
Support

Slight Correction but on correct track with good instructions from Lech.

It is the NP scheduler service that needs to have access.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2023/Content/NPrinting/AdministeringQVNprinting/Folder-dest...

Requirements

Your Qlik NPrinting user account which runs the Qlik NPrinting scheduler service must have full NTFS file and folder network access in order to share network folder resources.

Further, as you may already know your version of NPrinting is out of support. Just fyi.

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

make sure Nprinting scheduler service account is able to access this location without need of providing user name and password.

Rdp to nprinting server as nprinting scheduler service account, try accessing the path and if you get a prompt to put through user name and password then you know the reason why automated process is not working

cheers

UPDATE: I have changed "engine service" to "scheduler service" in my comment as @Frank_S correctly noticed in my answer. Thanks Frank!

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Frank_S
Support
Support

Slight Correction but on correct track with good instructions from Lech.

It is the NP scheduler service that needs to have access.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2023/Content/NPrinting/AdministeringQVNprinting/Folder-dest...

Requirements

Your Qlik NPrinting user account which runs the Qlik NPrinting scheduler service must have full NTFS file and folder network access in order to share network folder resources.

Further, as you may already know your version of NPrinting is out of support. Just fyi.

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
shubhamjindal
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thanks for the Solution, It worked.