Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ali_hijazi
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

apply section access

Hello got a dashboard with section access applied
there are users with ACCESS values ADMIN, and USER
I created an NPRINTING report that takes an already available Table in the dashboard and sends it as an excel sheet
the problem I'm facing is that the publish task only generates the report for users with ADMIN access
and gives errors for users with USER  access

Failed resolution for variable V\vL.Previous.Period of connection 4fdf89f4-e814-4ef4-8ca8-4616fc0323b6: NPrinting Engine(s) failed to open document: navigator=qliksense;proxyurl=***********************************************\SDUCHER. Check connection page for connection status.

what does this mean?
I have a variable called vL.Previous.Period
if I remove the section access the task finishes successfully
kindly advise

I can walk on water when it freezes
Labels (2)
16 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Be sure all users have the requirements listed in https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2023/Content/NPrinting/DeployingQVNprinting/Section-access..... It seems a user authorization issue.

Also note that Section Access is slower than native filters because Qlik NPrinting impersonates each user so you have to wait the end of reports creation of a user before the generation for next one starts. 

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
ali_hijazi
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II
Author

Users must have the right to export data?
how can I check / set this privilege?

ali_hijazi
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II
Author

all Users Security Rol have the right to export data:

ali_hijazi_0-1696430795428.png

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @ali_hijazi 

When using section access NPrinting impersonates a user so users will need to have access to Qlik Sense app. Do all users have Stream and app access in Qlik Sense hub?

cheers

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
ali_hijazi
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II
Author

Hello
yes they do have access to app and stream
they can open the app from the hub

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi, 

Do you have all those users created as NPrinting users in NPrinting with Domain Account populated properly in their profiles?

Lech_Miszkiewicz_0-1696495787490.png

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
ali_hijazi
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II
Author

Indeed
and this is one of the users:

ali_hijazi_0-1696496497739.png

Nprinting is failing to send the report to this user:

ali_hijazi_1-1696496580396.png

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

• what account have you used when creating connection to this Qlik Sense app? Does this account have full admin access?
  • have you verified with the user that this user can open the app, uses that exact domain account and has data for report you are generating and has access to all sheets requires. 

i am running out of ideas so with limited options we have on community it may not be possible to troubleshoot it more.

you may need to open support ticket   

ali_hijazi
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II
Author

it's the nprinting user used for running nprinting services
and this user account is added as ADMIN in the SECTION ACCESS

this user account can send nprinting report to users with ADMIN Access, but not those with USER access
but these users with USER access can open the dashboard and see what they are supposed to see as data