cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nprintig 17 - Qlik View Source with report generanor

Hello,

I use Nprinting 17 for reporting my Qlik View Sales application. I made application and connection in Nprinting for it.

In Qlik view APP I have used a report generator (pivot table with dimensions and KPIs, which can be selected by users).   I want  in my QV APP  (which potential users will use and there is no another application for Nprinting purpose) all dimensions to be collapsed, and only if users select the '+' button, then dimension have to be expanded. This is appropriate and normal usage of report generators.

But when I use this object (pivot table report generator) in Nprinting and I create an excel report - the excel file contains only first dimension and all KPIs. Another dimensions dosen't have been shown in the ".xls" file. They are still colapsed, because the app is saved as I mantioned above.

How can I create Nprinting report in excel, which expands all dimensions?

Have two alternatives for that:

1. To create a hidden table or sheet, only for nprinting purpose.

2. To create a bookmark, where I have to save expanded table object. To create a trigger to apply a bookmark, if OS user is Nprinting OS user.

My question is: Have somene another suggestion for this case?

3 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi Kaloyan,

About your point no. 1 remember that:

A - hidden tables saved on visible sheets are supported

B - hidden sheets are not supported. All objects in an hidden sheet will not be visible in the Qlik NPrinting Designer

So you could create an hidden straight table with KPI and dimensions you need and use it to create a native Excel pivot table. The delivered reports will be interactive by recipients.

Refer to:

- I suggest you to use this procedure https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/February2018/Content/ExcelReports/HowCreatePivotTableExcelTabl...

- this is also supported but report generation is a bit slower https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/February2018/Content/ExcelReports/HowCreateExcelPivotTableRepo...

Best Regards,

Ruggero

---------------------------------------------

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Ruggero Piccoli,

Thank you for your advice. It was really helpful for me and I did as you mationed using this topic from https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/February2018/Content/ExcelReports/HowCreatePivotTableExcelTabl...

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

What if you set a "Always fully expanded" in chart properties?

regards

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.