Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Apurva321
Contributor
Contributor

Nprinting 19

Hi All,

I have installed nprinting 19 on my Server and face some challenges . My Nprinting 19 engine shows offline.My Qlikview services are also running  properly.Can  anyone help me on how to start engine online

Thanks in Advance

Labels (2)
2 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @Apurva321 

Well - NPrinting is an enterprise class tool so installing it on the server is not a simple task. You need to meet all requirements from official documentation. Have you studied it thoroughly?

The fact that QlikView services are running has got nothing to do with nPrinting which is different service and should run on different server all together.

There is too much to dig around and too little information you have given us so far. I will ask just some of the 100s questions i can come up with at this point:

1. Why did you choose old version of NPrinitng - current version is September 2020 and this should be installed to benefit from all bugs fixed in it
  2. What is the exact QlikView version - this also needs to meet requirements - check on https://help.qlik.com It is not important at this stage but needs to be considered
  3. Is NPrinting installed on standalone server (different than QlikView server as per requirements in documentation!)?
  4. What is the spec of that standalone server
  5. Did you create dedicated domain service account for it?
  6. Is the service account local administrator on that standalone server
  7. Is the service account part of QlikView administrators group on Qlikview server
  8. Did you perform installation with elevated privileges
  9. Did you use dedicated service account (could be the same as one used for NPrinting server) to install and run NPrinting engine service?
  10. Are all NPrinting services (Repository, Engine, Server, Webserver, Messaging etc running)?
  11. Did you enable engine by putting through certificate password and engine name
  12. Did you apply valid license?
  13. What does NPrinitng log say - see https://help.qlik.com for info on how to search for logs and how to turn on debug mode

I guess those few very basic questions will be a good start to troubleshoot issues. 

I encourage you to maybe give us little bit more  overview what has been done, maybe take some screenshots and put together description of steps you have taken when installing NPrinitng. That will help imagine what could be the problem.

regards

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

BTW - I encourage you to get meaningful title when creating post on community - this one does not indicate what possibly the thread is about hence does not bring any value to community when people will try to search for solutions. I am not sure If you will be able to change it now, but for the future it would be good to create something like:

"NPrinting November 2019 - How to enable engine in NPrinting admin console?"

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.