Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
m_perreault
Creator III
Creator III

Nprinting Columns Out of Order

Hi All,

Something very weird is happening to me in NPrinting.  I am creating an excel report.  When I drag the name of a table object onto a sheet in Excel in the Designer and preview everything looks correct, however if I individually drag columns, my fields and values get all out of Sync.  Ex) when I drag the whole table onto Excel and preview I get two numerical values for the column MarketValue but when I drag the MarketValue column individually I get string values which are supposed to be for a different field.  Does anyone have any experience with this?  The formulas for a column and its heading are correct but the values are incorrect.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

After any change in qlik object you MUST RELOAD metada and MUST UPDATE changed entities in left nav of nprinting designer. I am sure you have some legacy / old things there and that is why it is errorying.

Regards

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Mark,

I think your source table in QlikView contains hidden columns - possibly with the same names. Could check this first. Second - make sure every column gets distinct name (header label in Qlik) - extra space will do the job if you still need to have the same looking labels in there...

regards

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
m_perreault
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thank you this was helpful.  I have another question.  I am able to successfully preview my report now.  I save and close the Designer and do not make any other changes or Reload the MetaData for the connection.  I open the the same report and try and preview again and get an Error Message and when I update my tables it says 5 columns changed.  How is this possible?

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

After any change in qlik object you MUST RELOAD metada and MUST UPDATE changed entities in left nav of nprinting designer. I am sure you have some legacy / old things there and that is why it is errorying.

Regards

Lech