Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RheaQv12
Creator
Creator

Nprinting Feb 2019 & QV 12.30 SR2 ....known issues

Hi All,

we are using NPrinting  Feb 2019 and QV version 12.30.20200.0 SR2 - I have a very huge .qvw file with 1,440,500 KB size and there is "Always one value selected" to one of the listbox which I use this in NP as a filter.

In NP feb 2019 I can see the task running without any issues. This is an excel template with few sheets and on each sheet I have some table objects and in some sheets I have images (graphs) - each table and graph are filtered (object level filters)

what is the issue... some times I get the below error...not sure why? I wait for an few minus like 10 to 15 mins run the task again and I don't get the error - should I remove the "always one value selected" property?

I do not have any triggers on the fields that I use in my NP for filtering - there is no section access, there are no macros, there are no alternate states

ss6.png

Labels (2)
5 Replies
RheaQv12
Creator
Creator
Author

1).the sheet we use in NP Feb 2019 is conditionally shown/hidden - user types pwd in input box then the sheet is shown

2).there is one document event trigger - onopen - applying filter value on a field like location=xyz

3). there are no field level event triggers or variable level event triggers

why some times the task is failing not able to figure out...

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

the above mentioned functionalities are making your document not supported hence its behaviour can be unpredictable...https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/February2020/Content/NPrinting/GettingStarted/HowCreateConnect...

To me it is black and white. Something is or is not supported. Yours is not hence does not work

Having on-open trigger disqualifies this qvw from any further investigation. Make your document supported and then we can investigate further.

Unsupported QlikView documents

You cannot create connections to QlikView documents that use the following:

• Alternate states
  • Triggers: sheet, document, and within objects
  • Always one selected list box and multi box property
  • AND-mode (calculated) fields in filters, cycles, levels, pages

• Buttons that contain "actions" work as triggers

• Containers within a container .

• Any third party extension objects

• Alternate identities: such as qvp://<servername>/qwvs/salesdemo.qvw

• Bundled qmem packages

• WebView mode

See: AJAX/WebView

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I want to add to it that if you have trigger and always one selected value in your document I am 100% sure those are causing issues. 

You simply cannot have them in the qvw used with NPrinting. I have done hundreds of tests and have been through many similar issues with my clients and those need to be removed from you qvw used with NPrinting! 

There is no arguing why it sometimes work and why sometimes it does not. At least there is no point discussing it as the features mentioned make your qvw NPredictable for NPrinting. With Always one selected value some filters may not be applied and with OnOpen trigger document may no be able to open properly which seems to be case with the example you have shown.

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
RheaQv12
Creator
Creator
Author

Thank you Lech,

1).OnOpen Document level trigger with select in field - I will have to remove this for NPrinting as we do not know if it is the reason for failure sometimes

2).Always select one value - In my scenario what I noticed is that I do get the data for ALL my filter combinations with this value selected (so far no issue) BUT as per your suggestion I still have to remove this and select the value and LOCK it

Thanks again, these are very helpful

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

My suggestion is not to lock it. I have never said that.

Instead i suggest to use NPrinting filter to apply selection on the field required.