Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
StephaneP
Contributor II
Contributor II

behaviour On-demand change ?

Hi,

I have upgraded Sense from February 2019 version to November 2019 and nPrinting from Novembre 2018  to Novembre 2019.

In my previous configuration qlik sense and nprinting were accessed by http without certificate and On-demand button works very well, when i click on the button, the report started to generate immediatly.

After the migration, I was forced to  reinstall nPrinting on another server because it was on Sense server and it is no longer a valid configuration . Add certificates, access in https. Change the internet settings so that the SSO works and don't ask for the credentials each time.

After a lot of headaches ;-), I think I have a working installation.

However, now users have to click on "Quick report button" to generate the report. Is this the normal behavior of the November 2019 version?

In addition I had to check  Security Role of users: Connection View

nprintingrole.png
otherwise there was a "no connection defined for this app..." error
I haven't read anywhere that this should be checked for On-demand ???

Best regards,
Stephane

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Those are the minimum privileges you must add to a security role to enable a user to run On-Demand reports:

Minimum security role privileges.png

I asked to flag also the other mandatory privileges when you flag the On-Demand reports.

You can select only the Qlik NPrinting App where reports you need are.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Yes  - it is normal and it is documented in on Qlik Sense release notes. This behaviour prevents from running accidentally reports when users press button. Now modal open up and they can see their old reports which they run previously or can generate new one.

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
StephaneP
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi, 

Thanks. I have read release notes but I missed that.

Someone have an idea why i must check "Connection --> view" in user roles for On-demand request ?

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

To be frank there is probably more to that. In short each NPrinting user (also people using Qlik Sense with OnDemand) need to be configured as users in NPrinting. Since he access of the API calls is role based depends on what NPrinting OnDemand action triggers user may need:

*access to connection - to be able to read connection in OnDemand button

*access to reports - to be able to populate reports within the same button

* have OnDemand permissions (to allow to trigger on demand reports) https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/February2020/Content/NPrinting/On-Demand/On-Demand-Qlik-Sense.... 

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Those are the minimum privileges you must add to a security role to enable a user to run On-Demand reports:

Minimum security role privileges.png

I asked to flag also the other mandatory privileges when you flag the On-Demand reports.

You can select only the Qlik NPrinting App where reports you need are.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.