Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sxlad2002
Contributor II
Contributor II

Nprinting June 2020 Compatibility with Microsoft 365 Apps for Enterprise

Good morning 

We have started our journey of Migrating all our NSQ's over to Qlik Nprinting June 2020 

We seem to be having an issue with Office Compatibility in that we are getting an Access Violation error 

This is only happening when we are trying to create or Edit Excel / Word Templates 

We have Microsoft 365 Apps for Enterprise Installed on the server where we are creating/Editing using Qlik Nprinting Designer Version June 2020 

Is this a compatible set up? when we check it says that it is a click to run version but our understanding was that June 2020 version would work with this office set up ? 

Is this the case or not? 

The only thing we can see in the community is the following:- 

Environments

• Qlik Nprinting April 2019 and older
  • Microsoft Office365

Click-to-Run is supported when the installation is carried out locally. Prior version of NPrinting do not support Click-To-Run. 
The click-to-run version Microsoft Office 365 is not supported in Nprinting Designer for creating reports. You MUST install a local/standalone copy of a supported version of MS Office or install supported versions of MS Office locally. 

Does this mean we can only run MSI versions of Office if we wish to create and edit office reports? 

Any help would be appreciated 
  •  
Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Frank_S
Support
Support

Hello

First I am going to recommend that given you are migrating from NP 16 to current supported version of NPrinting (and if you haven't already done so) please have a look at this migration playbook. It provide important information about the designer differences and many other migration considerations.

Regarding your specific NP designer question have a look at this article again as it has been updated. Since you are using the June 2020 you can ignore the section regarding April 2019 and earlier information.

Keep in mind that "if" you are using an exclusively cloud version of MS Office, this will not work with NPrinting. If you are using click to run installer, then doing so you must ensure that you are still installing a local copy of MS office on the NP designer computer so NPrinting can interact with it's program file system on the NPrinting Designer computer.

Contact your IT team and ask them have the MS Office installed locally if there is any doubt as to weather or not it is a cloud based version or not and then... retest. (Note that you may need to reinstalled NPrinting as well 'after' installing a local copy of office to ensure it is working as expected).

If after performing the steps above and you encounter other behaviors beyond your reported errors "Access violation at address 74F351CC in module 'oleaut32.dll' read of address FFFFFFFD"  suggest you check to ensure that your Windows OS zoom/advanced scaling settings are set to 100 percent. Then test again.

Kind regards.

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

For those kind of information always relate to https://help.qlik.com for the version of software you are using. In your example this would be link showing supported versions:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/June2020/Content/NPrinting/DeployingQVNprinting/System-require...

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
sxlad2002
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Lech 

Thanks for this but we already reviewed that page and this is what it says 

• Microsoft Office must be installed locally on computers where Qlik NPrinting Designer is installed if you plan to create Excel, PowerPoint, or Word report templates. Both 32-bit and 64-bit architectures are supported:
    • Excel 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016, 2019
    • PowerPoint 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016, 2019
    • Word 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016, 2019
    • Microsoft Office 365 Desktop. Web and mobile versions are not supported.
  •  

The question I'm asking  I suppose is Microsoft 365 Apps for Enterprise counted as Desktop version or Web version? 

When I view 'About' in Word or Excel for example ,  for our install, it says Click to Run  which I believe is compatible according to the below link but then it goes onto say that as long as installed locally ?

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Knowledge/Is-Office-365-supported-in-Nprinting-Designer-and-are-there-...

We asked our Infrastructure team to install a Desktop version locally but they have added Microsoft 365 Apps for Enterprise so Is this compatible or counted as a desktop version? 

My hunch is it isn't compatible as we are all getting this error now when we try to edit any reports in the New Nprinting Designer.  

Access violation at address 74F351CC in module 'oleaut32.dll' read of address FFFFFFFD.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

My guess is that it should be supported. I am using Microsoft 365 Apps for business Version 2110 Build 14527.20234 Click-to-run. 

I had to tweak few things little bit to make it work as described here: https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-NPrinting-Discussions/NPrinting-May-2021-SR2-Excel-issues/td-p/18...

But....

before going to NPrinting - have you checked that the excel,word is licensed on the server? Are you able to open excel files on the server, edit them and save them? If not - that is first thing you need to do. It seems obvious to me that ms office must be licensed but often it is overlooked.

cheers

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
sxlad2002
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

We have checked and Excel and Word are licensed on the server , we are not sure about changing those display settings as that error is different to what we are getting which is more to do with  anOleaut32.dll Violation

I wonder if anybody else has experienced this? 

Frank_S
Support
Support

Hello

First I am going to recommend that given you are migrating from NP 16 to current supported version of NPrinting (and if you haven't already done so) please have a look at this migration playbook. It provide important information about the designer differences and many other migration considerations.

Regarding your specific NP designer question have a look at this article again as it has been updated. Since you are using the June 2020 you can ignore the section regarding April 2019 and earlier information.

Keep in mind that "if" you are using an exclusively cloud version of MS Office, this will not work with NPrinting. If you are using click to run installer, then doing so you must ensure that you are still installing a local copy of MS office on the NP designer computer so NPrinting can interact with it's program file system on the NPrinting Designer computer.

Contact your IT team and ask them have the MS Office installed locally if there is any doubt as to weather or not it is a cloud based version or not and then... retest. (Note that you may need to reinstalled NPrinting as well 'after' installing a local copy of office to ensure it is working as expected).

If after performing the steps above and you encounter other behaviors beyond your reported errors "Access violation at address 74F351CC in module 'oleaut32.dll' read of address FFFFFFFD"  suggest you check to ensure that your Windows OS zoom/advanced scaling settings are set to 100 percent. Then test again.

Kind regards.

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
sxlad2002
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Frank /Lech 

Thanks for the feedback 

We have already Migrated 22 NSQ's across and they are working as expected and live only 340 to go! So the playbook has really helped and the Migration tool. 

We have had confirmation that we all are licensed and that the Office 365 version is installed locally  - Version 2102(build 13801.21004 Click-to-run) . I can see the local installation under the directory structure. 

Our  Nprinting Designer is June 2020  20.19.3.0  and the Nprinting Server is the same version 

Our Qlikview version is 12.20.20900.0

If we downgrade Office will this fix the issue? Also Lech has also mentioned the display setting changes but that seems like a workaround and not a solution? 

I checked our settings and they seem to Match what Lech suggested so none the wiser really! 

Frank_S
Support
Support

Yes Lech's suggestion may very well work but you should also check other settings suggested here in the articles below as well. One of which is updating your OS scaling settings along with settings suggested by Lech.

Kind regards...

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

yes - mine settings are just a workarounds but the  100% zoom level is a must.

You have to be sure that zoom level set to 100%. I guess it is hard since you are installing it on the server so you would have to check with server admins i guess.

Out of curiosity - why do you install it on the server? The best practice is to have it installed on your own PC. 

cheers