Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nickels
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Nprinting condition does not work due to error: "You must generate the connection cache befor..."

I'm receaving an error when trying to create a condition in Nprinting. The error is this: "You must generate the connection cache before you can create a rule.".

I already have cached the connection with succes, and all other aspects of Nprinting are working using this exact same connection. Hence, the only problem is, that I cannot create a condition.

Another connection, created for a different app, is fine for creating conditions. So the problem seems to be related to a combination of Nprinting and the specific app that gives me trouble. On another note: This app contains a writeback-solution called Write!. I do not expect it to be related to the problem I'm having, since everything else but the conditions are working well.

I've looked around for related answers, but I haven't found this exact problem anywhere else. Does anyone know how to deal with this issue?

Thank you in advance...

Best regards

Nickels

Labels (1)
4 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Be sure you generated the caches for all the connections you have in your installation, not only the one you want to use in the condition. 

Try also to regenerate all the caches to be sure that they are all updated.

Maybe you tried to create the condition while the cache of another connection in the same app was under generation or you stopped another connection cache generation.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Nickels
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Hi Ruggero,

Thank you for your answer. I've tried all of it without any luck. But I've also investigated it even more, and it actually turns out, that I can create conditions for apps that do not run this thirdparty tool called Write!. But whenever an app uses Write!m I'm not allowed to create connections. So I guess it is very much connected after all...

I've written the Write!-support team and hopefully they know the answer.

But naturally, answers will be accepted with delight in here as well 🙂

Frank_S
Support
Support

Hello @Nickels 

Please check the following article. It is similar to @Ruggero_Piccoli comments but provides step by step details.

https://support.qlik.com/articles/000056301

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

I don't know "Write!" and we don't supply support on third party software. 

We always suggest to develop apps or documents only for reporting. On them you have more freedom to eliminate stuff not used for reporting and tha could create issues. Maybe you can just try to clone the source app, delete all entities not needed for reporting and try with it.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.