Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
contributor_H
Contributor III
Contributor III

Nprinting send multiple report based on trigger (filtering by date)

Hello Everyone,

I need help with below:

I have just created a report in nprinting that fetch the data from Qlik Sense for all dates, and I wanted to add 2 trigger for the report:
1 trigger will be monthly, which will send a report for the previous month only.
2sd trigger will be weekly, which will send a report for last week's data

now what's confusing for me is that, how to send 2 reports for the previous month and last week for the same report?

Labels (3)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Frank_S
Support
Support

Solution 1:

1. Create a single task

2. Create 2 NP filters 

filter1: month(now()-1)

filter2: week(now()-1)

3. Duplicate the Report

4. Attach filter 1 to report 1

5. Attached filter2 to report 2

6. Attached both reports to the same NP publish task

7. Schedule/trigger the report as needed. (you didn't mention the required frequency of report delivery for this scenario)

Solution 2.

1. Create two tasks

2. Create 2 NP filters 

3. Attach filter 1 to task 1

4. Attach filter 2 to task 2

5. Attach the original report to the two separate tasks

6. Schedule/trigger the report as needed. (you didn't mention the required frequency of report delivery for this scenario)

Hope this helps...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @contributor_H 

your requirement isn't clear. 

1. Ask yourself a question - do you need both reports to be sent in single email and if they need to be triggered conditionally
    1. If yes - then
      1. you need to add 2 reports to single task
      2. you need to create conditions for each of them and choose when the condition is met (I dont know if your last month report needs to be triggered daily or only at particular day of the month - thats were you can for example set trigger daily and use condition when report is generated)
    2. If no - then just use 2 tasks - it is less confusing and requires less complicated setup. Then you have very simple setup to follow. 1 task - 1 report - 1 filter and 1 trigger

cheers

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

Solution 1:

1. Create a single task

2. Create 2 NP filters 

3. Duplicate the Report

4. Attach filter 1 to report 1

5. Attached filter2 to report 2

6. Attached both reports to the same NP publish task

7. Schedule/trigger the report as needed. (you didn't mention the required frequency of report delivery for this scenario)

Solution 2.

1. Create two tasks

2. Create 2 NP filters 

3. Attach filter 1 to task 1

4. Attach filter 2 to task 2

5. Attach the original report to the two separate tasks

6. Schedule/trigger the report as needed. (you didn't mention the required frequency of report delivery for this scenario)

Hope this helps...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @contributor_H 

your requirement isn't clear. 

1. Ask yourself a question - do you need both reports to be sent in single email and if they need to be triggered conditionally
    1. If yes - then
      1. you need to add 2 reports to single task
      2. you need to create conditions for each of them and choose when the condition is met (I dont know if your last month report needs to be triggered daily or only at particular day of the month - thats were you can for example set trigger daily and use condition when report is generated)
    2. If no - then just use 2 tasks - it is less confusing and requires less complicated setup. Then you have very simple setup to follow. 1 task - 1 report - 1 filter and 1 trigger

cheers

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.