cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JustinRamsey
Creator
Creator

Number Format Changing Between Designer and Published Report

We are having an issue with Nprinting that I cannot seem to solve. I have the number format for the report correct in Nprinting Designer however when the task runs and the report published the number format changes. Report end user wants the report to use traditional German number format with (.) as the thousand separator and for this report no decimal values. As you can see in the picture below the value generated by the NPrinting Designer preview is correct. The image below that shows the PDF that is being published by the automated task, notice the thousand separator is now the (,). Number format in the QlikSense document itself is correct as well.

So far I have tried formatting the values as text, unchecking keep source formatting in the designer, and publishing as XLSX instead of PDF and end result has been the same.

Nprinting Designer Preview

JustinRamsey_2-1707306777705.png

Published PDF

JustinRamsey_3-1707306795690.png

We are running May 2023 V 23.20.1.0 Nprinting version and Qlik Sense May 2023 Patch 3

Labels (2)
5 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I can assume this is because of regional setting on NPrinting engine machine. Since PDF is generated on it it will inherit NPrinting engine settings. Now when it comes to XLSX files those often can change default format for thousand and decimal delimiters depending on the computer regional settings on which such file gets opened. 

RDP to your NPrinting Engine server and confirm regional settings of it to be same as you need.

cheers

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @JustinRamsey Another thing we dont know is what template you are using. My answer is based on assumption that you are using XLSX template and produce PDF out of it.

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
JustinRamsey
Creator
Creator
Author

I had that thought as well on the regional settings on the Nprint Server however it appears they are set up correctly, and you are correct I am using a blank XLSX template and just publishing as a PDF. 

JustinRamsey_0-1707311246228.png

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Qlik NPrinting uses the regional settings of the computers where Engines are installed. One Engine could be installed in the same computer as the Server but if you are running more than one Engine be sure to change the regional settings of all of them.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @JustinRamsey 

This seems to little bit more complex. Again I am just guessing as there is only as much information as you provided so far. Here are mu gueses:

• you are using Qlik Sense Pivot Table as a source
  • you are dumping single pivot table tag to excel
  • you are NOT able to apply any numerical formatting on cells (because you are using pivot table which does not have this)
  • Report generates correctly when you press PREVIEW in designer and file gets created?
    • this is strange as PREVIEW should really replicate the behaviour of the task
  • Report generates differently when you generate it via task

Have you tried?

• RDP to NPrinting server as NPrinting engine user
  • Edit report on the server using designer and press PREVIEW to preview it on the server
    • what happens?
      • do you get the same results?
      • please take a screenshot of each steps

Alternatives:

• I normally dont work with pivot tables and I prefer to build my templates using other methods (straight table with levels) where I have a lot more control over each individual column/values and formatting
    • I know it requires a lot of thinking but as long as you can plan for consistent number of columns in your report you are able to build it that way
    • With the above in mind you are then able to use excel number formats which will behave more consistent and you can use excel properties to set them as opposed to just pure dump of data from Qlik Sense

Lastly:

• What is your expression in Qlik Sense
    • What number format you have chosen for expression (Auto, number, custom, measure etc?)
    • What are decimal and thousand delimitters in your Qlik Sense app system variables set to?
  • What is your Qlik Sense version - does it meet compatibility criteria with your NPrinting version as documented? https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2023/Content/NPrinting/DeployingQVNprinting/System-requirem...
    • this is very important and I am assuming you have provided us with correct information when chosing label with the version of NPrinting you are using.

cheers

Lech