cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jonip_78
Partner - Contributor III

Old QlikView NPrinting + QlikView May 2023

Does anyone know if old QlikView NPrinting  16.7.0.0 SR7 would work with QlikView May 2023?

We have moved to Qlik Sense some years ago but there are still some old NPrinting reports on QlikView we haven't had time to move to new NPrinting.

For this reason we still have old NPrinting with QlikView November 2017 (12.20).

I haven't updated QlikView because at that time (around 2017 i think) new Qlik NPrinting came and I thought the old might not work on new QlikView releases anymore.

I'm now forced to move these to new server and I was thinking if I could install May 2023 QlikView & QV Server and would it work on old NPrinting?

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

QlikView NPrinting 16.* is no more supported since March 2020 (see https://community.qlik.com/t5/Support-Updates/NPrinting-16-reaching-EOL-on-Tuesday-March-31st/ba-p/1...).

Plan the migration of your installation as soon as possible.

Before starting read carefully the documentation at https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2023/Content/NPrinting/Migrate/Migrating.htm

QlikView NPrinting 16.* documentation is no more available, including  the compatibility matrix. Latest GA version was 16.9 but also your older 16.7 can be migrated. Newest QlikView version supported by QlikView NPrinting 16.9 were 12.20 SR4, SR5, SR6, SR7 and SR8. QlikView 12.30 was not supported. More recent QlikView versions were never tested, so no officially supported, with QlikView NPrinting 16.*.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Lucas_Gatling
Support
Support

@jonip_78  unfortunately Nprinting 16 is not compatiable to QlikView May 2023.  See the following link to the Nprinting/QlikView compatibility. 

In order to use QlikView May 2023 with Nprinting you will need to upgrade your Nprinting version to May 2023. 

If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution.
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

QlikView NPrinting 16.* is no more supported since March 2020 (see https://community.qlik.com/t5/Support-Updates/NPrinting-16-reaching-EOL-on-Tuesday-March-31st/ba-p/1...).

Plan the migration of your installation as soon as possible.

Before starting read carefully the documentation at https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2023/Content/NPrinting/Migrate/Migrating.htm

QlikView NPrinting 16.* documentation is no more available, including  the compatibility matrix. Latest GA version was 16.9 but also your older 16.7 can be migrated. Newest QlikView version supported by QlikView NPrinting 16.9 were 12.20 SR4, SR5, SR6, SR7 and SR8. QlikView 12.30 was not supported. More recent QlikView versions were never tested, so no officially supported, with QlikView NPrinting 16.*.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Frank_S
Support
Support

Further to @Ruggero_Piccoli points, here is a migration playbook you should review as well.

NPrinting 16 to NPrinting 19+ Migration Playbook - Qlik Community - 1780278

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
jonip_78
Author

Thank you for  the replies. We do have Qlik NPrinting in use. It's just that couple of really annoying old reports are still in the old NPrinting but I never seems to have time to move those.

I tried 16.7 with QV May 2023 and it seems to work fine. So not supported, but does work if anyone ever wonders.

jonip_78
Author

Oh, NP 16.9 installer is not available to download anymore. I wonder if there is any way to get it from somewhere?

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @jonip_78

It may work for you and it may work maybe only with some configurations (say with local connection vs maybe not with server connection) and only in some circumstances and dont get surprised when it suddenly stops working. As a partner I see that all the time and and as partner would never agree to support such setup - it is recipe for disaster.

good luck

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

There are no links - open a support ticket for installers or just use chat bot to talk to support and ask there-I had to ask for 16.3 lately.

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
jonip_78
Author

I know but it's our internal setup so this or spending hours transferring those to new NPrinting. 

jonip_78
Author

Thanks.