Tool_Tip
Contributor III
Contributor III

On Demand Button

Dear all,

N-Printing reports are not visible on clicking "On demand" button :

Tool_Tip_0-1719127031322.png

I have followed all the steps from below post:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-NPrinting/QS-On-Demand-Reporting-control-keeps-prompting-me-for/t...

Tool_Tip_1-1719127111666.png

I have added Qlik sense server as trusted origin in nprinting admin.

Labels (2)
11 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @Tool_Tip 

As always before attempting to do anything we need to make sure we understand all requirements which are here:

So just to sum up:

• make sure both your NPrinting and Qlik Sense are in the same domain 
  • make sure you have SSL certificate installed and configured for both sides with FQDN
  • make sure you whitelist those in TrustedOrigins as documented in earlier mentioned links
  • make sure you use FQDN (Fully quialified domain names) when configuring your ondemand control
  • make sure you have OnDemand enabled on reports
  • make sure you have role assigned to user which allows for OnDemand report generation

Once you meet all those basic requirements it will work sweet as charm.

Lastly - if you still have issues watch youtube video about it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHVBVoLy16Y

cheers

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Tool_Tip
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Dear Lech,

Thank you for you response as all the time.

Yes. I make sure to follow every steps given. Also I want to try with this 

"make sure you have SSL certificate installed and configured for both sides with FQDN"

What I can see now is qliksense server certificates are installed on nprinting server but I want to confirm if I need to installed nprinting certificates in qliksense server too? if so, how I can export the nprinting certificate and which one either root, client or server .pfx or all of them?

Let me give try this option...

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @Tool_Tip 

I think you are talking about different ceritficates and those are not the once we need.

Those which have to be configured are the ones which make your Qlik Sense Hub and NPrinting Admin Console shown without certificate errors in web browser:

You are currently typing in OnDemand extension: "https://NPrinting:4993" - that is not FQDN. and when you type it in in your web browser you will get SSL certificate error similar to the one below. You need to make sure that you can access QlikSense and NPrinting without having SSL cert error.

cheers

Lech_Miszkiewicz_0-1719203771784.png

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Tool_Tip
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I have just checked I found one more thing that....the on demand is working fine if I access qliksense hub inside nprinting server. The issue is accessing qliksense hub outside of the nprinting server. Here is some dev tools error logs:

Tool_Tip_0-1719203922395.png

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

That is exactly for that very reason - SSL certificate issues!

Tool_Tip
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

So, I also want to confirm if the issue with qliksense server side or nprinting server side?

what is the next step to be done ?

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

It is both servers. Both servers have to have SSL certificate configured for troubleless, seamless OnDemand workflow. This is because user authentication and authorization needs to happen in the background so no SSL errors can be allowed.

I gave you links to step by step setup of Qlik Sense certificates as well as NPrinting certificates. Have you read those links?

Lech_Miszkiewicz_1-1719208145411.png

cheers

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Also as a follow up - in the same section of the help site you may need to focus on this part to get better understanding of what is required: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense-admin/May2024/Subsystems/DeployAdministerQSE/Content/Sense_DeployA...

cheers

Tool_Tip
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Okay. Then First I need to install OpenSSL.

As per reference URL I need to download Open SSL as below:

Tool_Tip_0-1719209114277.png

But I think this is not updated in help documents as I am unable to find any version "Win64OpenSSL_Light-1_1_0e.exe " on https://slproweb.com/products/Win32OpenSSL.html URL.

Please advise how I can choose the OpenSSL version from below list:

Tool_Tip_1-1719209193916.png