Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lockp
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Page Option not filtering objects in PPT Qlik Nprinting

Dear, 

I am creating a nprinting ppt report base on a qlikview document. I've included page <Site_Cockpit> options in PPT  Qlik Nprinting, it returns different sites in the PPT output slide but the slides are not filtered.  For my different tests, I have the following cases.

• The output slide for each site shows the total results for both objects. ( Filters on site not applied).
  • Or sometimes, for each output slide by site, the top graph is filtered but the below graph does not filter.
  • Or sometimes, the below graph is filtered but the top graph is not filtered.

The filters do work on the report itself. so I wonder what I am doing wrong for this not to work as expected.

Thank you.

Labels (2)
7 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

@lockp 

Can you share the specific steps to reproduce each case you described.

• Are they the same steps but different output results each time?
  • Are you simply previewing the report every time?
  • or are you using a publish task to execute the report?
  • or a combination of both?
  • Do you get one result when doing a report preview and a different result when using a publish task?
  • Do you have user filters associated with user that you are distributing the report to?
  • Are you using individual object filters on each image?
  • Are you using the same filter on the image objects, users, report and in the publish task?

The reason is that if there is a filter conflict as described in the link below, this might be the cause of what you are seeing. The results of publish task output and report preview output via the NP template editor may vary.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/February2021/Content/NPrinting/ReportsDevelopment/Static-dynam...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
lockp
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Author

Dear @Frank_S ,

I got the different cases just by trying to reposition the page tag from left to right and previewing each time. Strangely, I could observe these different cases by just moving the tag. 

• When I distribute the report to a shared folder, I can get these different cases even without modifying the report again, but mostly I get the case of one image filtered and the other not. the filtered image can alternate And that's my biggest surprise.
  • There are no filters applied to each image.
  • In the report, we apply a filter on another field to reduce the volume of data.
  • There are no user filters applied. The report is distributed to a shared folder.

Can it be that the positioning of the page tag matters when we have several images on a slide?? 

Frank_S
Support
Support

That is strange @lockp ...changing position of images on the template (below and on the right) should not cause that kind of behavior. I'll see if I can repro your findings.

Can you share a snap shot of the entire template including the object list and properties panel for each object as per below (just paint or block out any objects that you feel are sensitive data).

images.PNG

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
lockp
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Author

Please see screenshots below @Frank_S . 

lockp_0-1620413992683.png

lockp_1-1620414240186.png

Frank_S
Support
Support

Thanks...

Now do this:

• Create a new table box object in your QlikView document and add your two dimensions that you wish to cycle to this new table box
  • Save the QVW and reload the NPrinting connection to enable the new table object
  • Open the template editor
  • Right click on 'Page' and select the new table box object you just created and select to add it to the object list
  • remove the original tags
  • Click directly on the table box object
  • Insert 2-4 in the 'slides' field property (see below) and click the 'enter' key to enable this slide selection (I suspect this is missing from your template)
  • Add in the new tags from the new 'Page' table box object to the report template
  • Preview

Here is a sample of how the template should appear

1 tbl box with 3 dimensions.PNG

Hope this helps....fs

lockp
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Author

Dear @Frank_S ,

Thanks, but the above didn't solve the problem.

Again, Your proposal will give me an output of two slides for every site/group combination, which is not my desired outcome.

I have three slides (slides 3-5)  that I want to apply paging too. These three slides carry different images (objects). For the first slide, I want to loop by Site.

For the second and third slides, I want to loop by Group ( so yes, I did apply the slide range in the property ).

I don't want to create three slides for every site/group combination ( Which is what your proposal produced but still with the filters not working on some of the images).

Below,  a screenshot of your proposed solution. 

Its strange paging can filter sometimes an image, and for another preview/publish task, it doesn't filter. I wonder what could be wrong because this is the first time I have this for a customer. 

Any other suggestions?

Kind regards

lockp_1-1620649151957.png

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

The Page is applied to the slide selected/activated at the moment you add the field in the node.

So:

1. select the first slide and add the Site field to the Pages node. You will get a slide for each different value of that field
  2. select the second slide and apply the Group field to the Pages node as suggested by @Frank_S 

You will get a report first with all slides by site followed by slides of Group two-by-two.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.