Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vitaliichupryna
Creator III
Creator III

Pixel Perfect Filter issue

Hi,

I'm working on the Pixel Perfect report, in my report I have a few levels, everything works good, but I have issue with filter.

Filter issue.jpg

In my data model I have three tables, I want apply filter on ReportName field, currently it contains 5 names

The most strange thing: when I load all data in report I can apply filter only on one value - it always the same.

When I load only one report for example  ReportName = Europe, I can run report without filter, but when I apply filter ReportName = Europe I receive issue.

I removed my user filters, also in all report it's only one filter, so I can't find reason of the issue.

Do you have any ideas?

Datamodel.jpg

Thanks,

Vitalii

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vitaliichupryna
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Finally, I've found the reason of issue.

In my application I had variable with name 'ReportName' with value StrategCallAll. I changed name of variable and report runs correctly.

So Filter field name shouldn't match with variables in the application

Thanks,

Vitalii

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

You are applying an invalid filter. Refresh the connection cache and be sure that the value you are using in the filter is present in the source data. Then check all filters applied to task, report and user to be sure that there are not incompatible values.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
vitaliichupryna
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Ruggero,

I refresh connection cache every time and also checked data in my data model, but still have issue.

Also I found that I can receive data for every report when I change filter to StrategicCallReport (is the name of report that always run correctly)

In my data model I run load with parameters , for example:

MeetingsAll, CSOL PPP Period 2019, Subregion2, N/A, N/A, N/A, Y, N

StrategCallAll, CSOL PPP Period 2019, All, N/A, N/A, N/A, Y, Y

When I change MettingsAll to StrategCallAll I receive correct data in the report, so looks like 'StrategCallAll' is saved in Nprinting as correct filter name

Could you check if I refresh connection cache correctly:

1. Refresh application

2. Open connection

3. Click reload metadata

Also I tried 'Run verification' in the connection menu, but receive following issue:

Errors detected. Check details below.

The "Identity" and the Qlik NPrinting Engine service account are a Windows domain user.

In your opinion can this issue affect filters?

Thanks,

Vitalii 

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

You must fill all the requirements. Refer to https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/June2019/Content/NPrinting/DeployingQVNprinting/User-accounts.....

All checks in the run verification must be green. It could be the reason of the issue.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
vitaliichupryna
Creator III
Creator III
Author

I've fixed issue with verification, but issue still exists. Looks like it's a bug

vitaliichupryna
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Finally, I've found the reason of issue.

In my application I had variable with name 'ReportName' with value StrategCallAll. I changed name of variable and report runs correctly.

So Filter field name shouldn't match with variables in the application

Thanks,

Vitalii

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Do you have values for ReportName = Europe in the source Qlik Sense app?

Has the app section access? If yes, the user in the Qlik NPrinting connection has access to all values of the app or is it filtered?

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero