cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gksmithlcw
Creator
Creator

PowerPoint Formatting Problems After Upgrade to NPrinting 2022-05

We recently upgraded to the latest release and service pack of NPrinting and have found that our PowerPoint reports are no longer formatted the same way. It appears like objects have changed size and/or spacing.

Pre-update vs. post-update:

gksmithlcw_0-1680543289857.png

gksmithlcw_1-1680543380894.png

gksmithlcw_2-1680543526552.png

Any idea what would cause this and how to fix it? There are 30+ templates we use and they are all exhibiting this problem.

Thanks!

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @gksmithlcw 

As Ruggero mentioned you need to be on supported version of QlikView (supported with the version of NPrinting you are using). You cannot just use any version of NPrinting with any version of QlikView. What is your QlikView version?

Supported combinations of versions are documented on help site and should be ALWAYS checked prior any upgrade!

Does your system meet this requirement?

Lech_Miszkiewicz_0-1680646197915.png

Also make sure QlikView desktop which needs to be installed on NPrinting Engine machine is on the same version as your QlikView server and also meets the support matrix.

regards

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

22 Replies
Lucas_Gatling
Support
Support

@gksmithlcw can you please confirm if you are on May 2022 SR4 or  another Service Release you are currently on? 

If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution.
gksmithlcw
Creator
Creator
Author

I am running SR4, released in February of this year, yes.

Frank_S
Support
Support

Hi @gksmithlcw 

What version of NPrinting did you upgrade from?

Has the NP server, NP engine and the NP designer all been upgraded? 

Please double-check on your end. 

If any of the 3 NPrinting component software mentioned above has not been upgrade, please upgrade an retest.

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
gksmithlcw
Creator
Creator
Author

I upgraded from 2019-06 after it stopped functioning and throwing errors related to RabbitMQ. We have upgraded the server, engines, and designer.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Are those objects native pixel perfect built tables or images of tables from QlikView ?

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
gksmithlcw
Creator
Creator
Author

NativeThis is in PowerPoint using source formatting, and it appears as expected in the designer:

gksmithlcw_0-1680567565353.png

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @gksmithlcw 

Your screenshot does not look like standard native pixel perfect design of the table object (which normally should be done using a level). This looks more like a Power Point!!

gksmithlcw
Creator
Creator
Author

You are correct! I misspoke, apologies!

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Ohh well - that is quite a significant difference!

One thing I learned about PowerPoint is that it can work differently depending on version of actual PowerPoint you use. Table templates are usually built in and contain all the info.

In your case you seem to enforce cell height, width and format - question is - were all those parameters actually set to a certain value or maybe left to auto? Grabbing edge of the table and dragging it does not mean you set a certain width or height. So you need to check font size, padding etc on all the cells and ensure they are set to explicit values or Power Point will try to autosize them which I think is what currently happens - and I agree it can be frustrating once you learn about it when you have 30 reports built, but the issue might not be in the NPrinting itself but in the report design which unfortunately we may not be able to help you with.

I normally just type in or copy/paste values I expect to see in such cell in Designer, check the actual value parameters down to the mm level.

Lech_Miszkiewicz_1-1680570064394.png

Also check that all columns in NPrinting designer should have on the source "Keep Source Format" disabled for it to work.

NPrinting by itself does not change those parameters (unless you have Keep Source Format enabled), so I dont believe it is an issue caused by upgrade.

That's all what I can suggest