Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jasmina_karcic
Creator III
Creator III

Problem in loading table in Sense app

Hi experts,

I have problem. I installed new version of NPrinting and Qlik Sense (June 2018).

Now I have a problem in loading table in application. It takes too much time. Because of that, NPrinting cannot generate report.

It gives me message:

WARN: error during report generation: Object pkvJPge of Sense app 29c327dd-cf23-4f24-9559-95950477bc23 failed to render. ERROR: Method "GetLayout" timed out

I don't understand anything, what is this.

😕

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I am sorry, you dont need advice. You need experienced consultant to help you improve performance of your app on site. 

In my opinion expressions you are using are not optimal, data model can be done better and since you are using this app only for nprinting you dont need to use rangemin functions etc.... it all should be done in script, using flags

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

19 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

looks like calculation time for object you are trying to export using NPrinting takes ages and it times out. GetLayout method is equivalent to creating a virtual table/model containing all values for table you need to export.

Forget NPrinitng for a moment and try to help me understand:

• how long does it take to calculate this object in Qlik Sense?
  • how long does it take to export data from this table directly in Qlik Sense
  • how many rows of data does it produce?
  • How big is an app (no rows in fact table).
  • Is it possible to generate aggregated data model for NPrinitng?

To me it is optimization issue which directly relates to best practices and knowledge around performance tuning first in Qlik then in NPrinting as NPrinting performance directly relates to Qlik Sense performance you need to focus first on Qlik Sense.

regards

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
jasmina_karcic
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Lech,

True is that application is very big.

Loading data is about 30 min.

In Qlik Sense app, loading table in one sheet is a few min.

Model produces about 400 million rows.

App is over 2 GB.

😕

After restarting server, one report that is connected to this application is generated.

But other, bigger cannot.

Again:

Failed generation of report c1f26feb-568d-4881-baaf-e17c5b0484e5 for user 530ea474-8d59-4e4d-9548-e4554a178281. ERROR: Object pkvJPge of Sense app 29c327dd-cf23-4f24-9559-95950477bc23 failed to render. ERROR: Method "GetLayout" timed out

😕

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Waht about all the other questions i asked??

Nprinting produces static report so i dont think it produces milions of rows... right?

I am conviced there is a way of aggregating this data for Nprinting in qlik sense on data load level and not running it out of half bilions of rows

This is qliksense app design issue really!

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Create a Qlik Sense app only for reporting need. Upload into it only the rows and columns that are needed to generate the reports. Create only the charts that are needed for reporting and aggregate the rows where you don't need details.

Move all the calculations on the loading script otherwise you have to wait that the charts will be recalculated every time you apply a Qlik NPrinting filter.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

---------------------------------------------

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-14806. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
jasmina_karcic
Creator III
Creator III
Author

I did that....

I need all this table that I have in application...

about 20 tables in one report

😕

jasmina_karcic
Creator III
Creator III
Author

All my tables are full of measures...

Format of measure is:

fabs(Sum({$<DATE={"$(=date(rangemin(monthend(today(),-3), monthend(MAX(DATE), -3))))"}, DIM={ "23","24"}>}VALUE)/(-1000))

Every table has about 13 columns like this....(for every month, 3 last weeks)....

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Jasmina. 

I dont believe in this! You are saying that the fact table has roughly 400 milions of rows. If this is grain required for nprinting are you saying that your nprinting report produces the same grain (400 milion of lines?)

I ma sure not

It is aggregated!

You need to do this aggregation as well in qlik script (not in qlik sense chart)

jasmina_karcic
Creator III
Creator III
Author

No Lech,

Tables are aggregated....

One table about 40 rows (main table)

Other 20 tables about 15-20 rows... They are sum of values, divided on cities....

😕

jasmina_karcic
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Report is in 10 pages realised.