Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RafaelF5
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Problem updating from May 2021 SR5 to May 2022

Hi.

We are facing issues updating NPrinting to its most recent release (May 2022 SR3). We want to upgrade the whole Qlik environment and the current version will become incompatible.

I proceed to update the NPrinting machine by following the docs. Eventually it fails on a with the error Error 0x80070643 - Failed to install MSI package. It happens right after trying to update the QlikNPrintingRepoService service. I noticed that the PostgreSQL version is updated from 10 to 13. Maybe there's a problem with the update tool?

I checked the release notes for May 2022 SR3, and it's supposedly compatible to upgrade from May 2021 SR5.

The server is Windows Server 2016, and the server is dedicated to NPrinring. What could be the issue?

Best regards,

Rafael

Rafael Simões
Labels (3)
11 Replies
David_Friend
Support
Support

@RafaelF5 in my experience a fresh install of Windows (taking the machine back to bare metal, then installing Windows, then re-installing NP, then restoring your backup, is required) but yes open a support case for more specific guidance/investigation first thanks!

RafaelF5
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

@David_Friend Thanks for your input.

I did in fact manage to solve it today, while waiting for the support team to try to solve this.

I made a fresh install of NPrinting in another server, and grabbed the schema for the nprinting_audit database and also the nprinting_audit role. Then I installed them in the affected server, ran the upgrade without hickups.

Rafael Simões