cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jcramirez472
Partner - Contributor III

Processing loop for nprinting on demand

I am trying to go through the on demand tutorials on my local machine. I have a licensed copy of qlikview, nprinting designer, and nprinting server. However, when I hit the test button on the sales with ajax button I receive a processing loop. Any ideas? Both the nsq files are added to my server service. I am current running the services through my personal user account on my computer.

Thanks,

John

21 Replies
jcramirez472
Author

Hi Jonathan, Daniel, Mike.

I found the solution. I'd like to use this post to inform future users that may have the same problem. So when you start the nprinting tutorial you are directed to put all the files into a specific path. This path is

'C:\NPrintingTraining\'. This is all well and good. However, some of the reports require templates. In the NSQ file the reports are looking for templates in  %DefaultTemplateFolder%\PowerPoint Report with multiple pages template.pptx (The default nprinting folder on your computer), rather than in C:\NPrintingTraining\Templates\ where they exist.

The solution:

In designer either change the template destination of the the powerpoint report with multiple pages to C:\NPrintingTraining\Templates\ or copy all the files in C:\NPrintingTraining\Templates\ and put them in %DefaultTemplateFolder% for nprinting. This is also contingent on the enviornment varialble selected for the path. See screenshot below.

What I did:

I changed the path for the template to be C:\Users\Public\Documents\NPrinting\Template and copied the templates from C:\NPrintingTraining\Templates\ into that directory.

What I learned:

If you download the nprinting tutorial, you need to check to make sure report templates are directed to their proper directory before testing the ondemand functionality. Hopefully this will help someone in the future going through the tutorial.

Big thanks to Jonathan, Daniel, and Mike!Capture12.PNG

JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

Thanks for sharing !!  fsvmto