cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EnglishJan
Contributor
Contributor

Producing Highest Quality Customer Fact Sheets

I am currently trying to identify a BI tool and reporting solution for a financial services client. The two key requirements are for a a high performance analytics tool anfd a a a high quality printed output. Can anyone adviseor give examples of the type of quality that can be obtained from  Qlik Nprinting? I am concerned that in teh demonstrations the examples are very basic ! The reports would need to include imported images of external charts together with generated text and views from the Qliksense side. Has anyone found limitations on this side that you think I should be aware of or alternatively can give me success stories that align? Many thanks

Labels (2)
1 Reply
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Quality obtained from Qlik NPrinitng will depend on knowledge and skills of developer who is going to build Qlik application and Qlik NPrinting templates. I can say that Qlik NPirnitng can provide Pixel Perfect reports, however there are things and limitations which can lead to reduced quality. Those are:

• images which get resized during report generation - this is probably the most common problem causing quality drop if the chart/object is used as an image and is being resized from its original size. When working with such objects developer should already plan on what size and resolution object will need to be rendered in.
  • external images - how do intend to place them in reports (are they going to be dynamic or static (like logo and branding)? As there are workarounds and solutions allowing to provide good quality I would not worry to much about this one

As a last comment I would like to stress that to get a good outcome from NPrinting you need to have a skilled developer who will be able to do pretty much anything with it and at the same time this developer will be able to answer this particular question well when beeing askes and shown an example of what reports need to be built.

regards

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.