cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cMourlon
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Qlik NPrinting Server : user rights assignment permissions

Hello, can you tell me the necessary rights for the Nprinting service user?

I can't declare him Administrator, I have to assign him the rights manually.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @cMourlon 

I will just add to what @Frank_S  said that NPrinting environment planning and setup (requirements and installation and configuration should be done by experienced person). There is a reason why help.qlik.com page is so thorough and provides every single detail - that reason is that you cannot just assume and take shortcut when doing anything with NPrinting. 

I understand that everyone learns and needs help but the fact that the question was asked  (no judgment 🤣) makes me believe there study of documentation wasn't done which is normally "recipe for disaster" and "never-ending" discussions when something is not working - which it will not if you dont follow required steps.

That also leads to next argument when customers say: "ooohh we cannot allow for local admin rights etc..." and my answer to it is then: "requirements are documented and available for everyone to read" so if your decision was made without them then sorry - but you have no option. 

Bottom line is - there is much more strict requirements which you also will need to meet if you successfully make through this first account permissions issue and I encourage you to study it so you can be aware of it. 

cheers 

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

Hi @cMourlon 

Unfortunately the NP service domain user account must be a member of the local administrators group on the NP server/engine computer as per:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2022/Content/NPrinting/DeployingQVNprinting/User-accounts.h...

There are no set of define specific user rights assignments to bypass this requirement.

Sorry I can't give you better news on this point.

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @cMourlon 

I will just add to what @Frank_S  said that NPrinting environment planning and setup (requirements and installation and configuration should be done by experienced person). There is a reason why help.qlik.com page is so thorough and provides every single detail - that reason is that you cannot just assume and take shortcut when doing anything with NPrinting. 

I understand that everyone learns and needs help but the fact that the question was asked  (no judgment 🤣) makes me believe there study of documentation wasn't done which is normally "recipe for disaster" and "never-ending" discussions when something is not working - which it will not if you dont follow required steps.

That also leads to next argument when customers say: "ooohh we cannot allow for local admin rights etc..." and my answer to it is then: "requirements are documented and available for everyone to read" so if your decision was made without them then sorry - but you have no option. 

Bottom line is - there is much more strict requirements which you also will need to meet if you successfully make through this first account permissions issue and I encourage you to study it so you can be aware of it. 

cheers 

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.