Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PatrickS
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Qlik Nprinting task failed with error : Fatal Execution startup failed: identity parameter name: Missing parameter

Hi,

I have encoutered this type of problem where I have a nprinting running on premise and I have a task which sends few numbers from Qlik Sense app via email using variables. The email is sent to customer  with an email:  xxxxxx.xxxxx@onmicrosoft.com.  However the problem is that I keep getting that error now, it used to work without any problems. 

If I try to send that same email message to myself or my colleague the task runs without problems or errors. Only when trying to run the task with that specific user as recipient. I can go around this problem and delete the user and just create the user again with the same information and the task will run with no problems. But then if I try to run it again it fails with same error.

Here is the error log:

DateTime Level Details
20230608072009 Fatal Execution startup failed: Identity
Parameter name: Missing parameter

engine logs display the same error.

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PatrickS
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

I think the error ocurred because of I had created a user in Nprinting and it's sole purpose was to be a user which has an email to which those numbers will be sent. I had "user" role assigned to this user and by removing that role the task started working without errors aswell.  I will update this if this works permanently.

Another fix would be to assing a alternative email for example NprintingAdmin user which would be a domain user with all the access rights and roles. I tested that and it worked aswell. But for managing the users it is more clear to have a dedicated user for this task.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

I suggest to check the logs and the task executions page to see if there are more detailed error messages. Check also the SMTP server configuration to be sure Qlik NPrinitng can use it to send emails to external addresses.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
PatrickS
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

I have checked the logs, like I said, the task executions page and the log gives me only that error. And there are no errors in engine logs.

-Patrick

PatrickS
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

I think the error ocurred because of I had created a user in Nprinting and it's sole purpose was to be a user which has an email to which those numbers will be sent. I had "user" role assigned to this user and by removing that role the task started working without errors aswell.  I will update this if this works permanently.

Another fix would be to assing a alternative email for example NprintingAdmin user which would be a domain user with all the access rights and roles. I tested that and it worked aswell. But for managing the users it is more clear to have a dedicated user for this task.