Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RheaQv12
Creator
Creator

Qlik Pivot table columns and expressions not showing in NP Feb 2019

Hi All,

I did some google search before posting this question. I found one similar topic but the OP was using Qliksense

What is the Issue? I do not the dimension and the expressions ( I have 1 dimension and 4 expression calculated using set analysis) - Qlikview Version 12.30 SR2 - When I try to insert the pivot table object i see something like CH21 (the pivot table object) but i do not see the dimension and the expressions - NPrinting Feb 2019

I do not have any enable condition on the dimension, i do not have conditional show/hide

thanks in advance

Test123.png

Labels (2)
3 Replies
RheaQv12
Creator
Creator
Author

on further google search found the following link - looks like in NPrinting Feb 2019 - The same thing applies like mentioned in the below link

URL 

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

What you see is correct. Pivot tables can only be used as images or as the entity (as a whole) placed as single tag and returning tabular data.

There is no way you can use dimensions and measures from them. The workaround is to use straight table as source and create pivot table using capabilities of your template (XLS etc...)

This is considered as "working as designed' in QlikView and in Qlik Sense.

I suggest always reading first https://help.qlik.com as the main source of truth https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/November2019/Content/NPrinting/ReportsDevelopment/Qlik-objects...

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
RheaQv12
Creator
Creator
Author

Thank you Lech -  I really appreciate your time and suggestions.