cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lekha_Ranganathan
Contributor II
Contributor II

Qlik Printing sends blank KPI in email

The nPrinting email drops off/sends blank KPI chart. This is not occurring regularly but this had happened once  in 2 different nprinting emails that pulls data from 2 different Qliksense apps. 

The task execution looks fine.  only thing that is common is that they both are KPI charts and doesn't have any filter applied on them.

does anyone had experienced this before? any recommendations to solve this issue? 

@Nicole-Smith

Labels (2)
12 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Pablo @Parnisari ,

there is no need to delay anything - in my opinion you are making assumptions that you can use sheet triggers to apply selections which is completely wrong!

1. Sheet triggers are not supported - those you MUST remove from the app used with NPrinting as documented:https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2023/Content/NPrinting/GettingStarted/HowCreateConnections/...
  2. Selection which is done on sheet trigger can be replicated using regular NPrinting filters.
  3. Once you do that your object will definitely produce correct values.

As always make sure you meet all criterias and requirements when developing in NPrinting, those are all listed on https://help.qlik.com which you should study thoroughly before developing anything in NPrinting. Your scenario looks like that basic requirement is not met - am I right?

cheers

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Parnisari
Contributor
Contributor

Lech:

You right!  But my description wasn't complete: I have replicated the NPrinting-PixelPerfect report in a QS sheet so the user can check the same data and charts in both media presentations.

Because this the QS sheet filter is also replicated on NPrinting Task as you can see in the attached image.

Currently I'm changing the KPI objects by plain text objects with the same expression to try a solution.

Any other advice will be appreciated.

Regards!

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Sorry man, i dont understand what else do you need?  Just make sure you have supported configuration and it will work. If you use native Qlik Sense objects (not extensions), if you properly apply filters (one of your filters has strange syntax with numbers in time format-i would definitely do proper numerical filter for that) and if you meet all requirements your object will be produced properly either as image or expression KPI.
i am not there with you, there is very limited description so I can only comment on what i have in front of me.
cheers  

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.