Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vanand3535
Creator III
Creator III

Qlik Varibale in NPrinting PowerPoint

Hi all,

I am using a Qlik variable in a rich text box in NPrinting PowerPoint where the variable is displaying the value 0.975 but to display it as 97 or 97.5 .

I'm not getting any option to format the string because the variable is placed inside the rich text box so it is behaving as text and not giving any option to format the variable value  .

So, How can I resolve this?

3 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Please use only normal font in community conversations. Thanks.

You could:

- change the variable definition in the connected Qlik Sense app or QlikView document and use Qlik features to format the value in the source

- add a formula instead of a variable and use Qlik formula features to format the text PowerPoint itself has not features to format numbers so you need to use an external way to set the format you want before to add the text in the template.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

---------------------------------------------

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-14806. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
vanand3535
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Piccoli,

I have sorted out this by formatting the variables int he Qlik Sense app itself then the same variable I pulled into the report.

Ex:- Round(Expression_for_Varible,0.01) or   Round(Expression_for_Varible,0.1)

It is rounding the variable for 2 decimal places

The output that I'm getting is:-

0.975-----Transformed into-----97.5

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Good to know that you solved!

Best Regards,

Ruggero

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-14806. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.