cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stig
Contributor II
Contributor II

Qliksense On-demand report not working for certain users

I have a Qliksense on-demand report setup which works perfectly well for myself, but when other users test it they get 'No NPrinting Connection configured for this app'.

User is setup as an on-demand user with relevant setting in the security role, and is able to access the newsstand using the same domain log on as being used with Qliksense.  App has section access in place and user can access relevant data in the Qliksense app.

Check chrome developer tools and error message received is 404 not found, which is not useful.

To confirm on-demand button work fine for myself so not a setup issue as to connections &c. - just user.

Running out of ideas and need help.

Thanks

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @Stig

I think what happens was:

when you configured OnDemand Button you did not switch off "app/connection filter" meaning that you have configured connection to the app which was in your work space. 

Lech_Miszkiewicz_0-1704928412543.png

My suggestion would be to review following:

1. make sure your NPrinting connection (in NPrinting admin console)  is pointing to published to stream Qlik Sense app
  2. make sure you "untick" the box from the screenshot when setting up OnDemand button and use the app and connection of published app
  3. publish and overwrite Qlik sense app
  4. tell users to try again

Error you are getting suggest that it is configured maybe within your work space and not published app as then connections would be different.

cheers

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

Please check the causes and solutions in this article/video.

STT - NPrinting On-Demand with Qlik Sense Troubles... - Qlik Community - 1953198

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Stig
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Viewed that already without success but many thanks.

Digvijay_Singh

So all problem users got these attached options clicked?

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @Stig

I think what happens was:

when you configured OnDemand Button you did not switch off "app/connection filter" meaning that you have configured connection to the app which was in your work space. 

Lech_Miszkiewicz_0-1704928412543.png

My suggestion would be to review following:

1. make sure your NPrinting connection (in NPrinting admin console)  is pointing to published to stream Qlik Sense app
  2. make sure you "untick" the box from the screenshot when setting up OnDemand button and use the app and connection of published app
  3. publish and overwrite Qlik sense app
  4. tell users to try again

Error you are getting suggest that it is configured maybe within your work space and not published app as then connections would be different.

cheers

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Stig
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

They do with the exception of deleting deleting published reports, plus a couple of extras around running publish tasks.

Stig
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

The on-demand button was created in the published app so that connection was setup.

However I have recreated following your steps above and will pass to users to test.

Stig
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

User confirmed report is now working - many thanks