Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bluecarbon
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Qlikview Chart Expression not getting aggregated

Hi,

I do have a Qlikview application with a Chart as below with two dimensions and one expression which has sum() expression in it.

When I pull this chart object into Nprinting and when i use Dim2 and Exp fields alone, I m expecting only one row ie a, 15 but nprinting is giving two rows for Dim2 without aggregating Exp.

Is this how nprinting works? If so the only way for me to get this working is creating a new chart with Dim2 and Exp?

Dim1,Dim2, Exp

1      , a      , 5

2      , a       , 10

Thanks,

Rakul.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Rakul,

So answering your question : Is this how nprinting works? --> no - it is not how it works.

NPrinitng is not an aggreation tool - it is a static report generation tool. It can levarage aggregation functionality of templates - like pivot tables in excel - but then we are talking about excel doing aggregation, not NPrinitng. The only template which can do some form of aggregation in NPrinting is PixelPerfect template - however this functionality can be used only in certain scenarios and we still should perform aggregations on Qlik side. by the way - Qlik is much better in aggregating things since that is its strong feature

The best practice would be then to create a supporting object/chart in QlikView; like:

Dim2,      Exp

2               15

and use this as a source for your chart.

from the memory - i dont think you have LEVEL entity in PowerPoint template. You only have PAGE entity which functionality is described there:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/April2018/Content/PowerPointReports/Page-Features.htm

Cheers

Lech

---------------------------------------------

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-14806. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
hiteshpatil11
Partner - Contributor III

Hi Rakul,

NPrinting will give you the same output as shown in chart unless aggregated or you do some work around on NPrinting Excel Template/Designer Level.

One possible solution is same as the one you suggested i.e. by creating a separate chart.

You can also try this with Levels in NPrinting Designer.

Regards,

Hitesh

bluecarbon
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

I m working with Powerpoint template and not sure how to use levels inside it.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Rakul,

So answering your question : Is this how nprinting works? --> no - it is not how it works.

NPrinitng is not an aggreation tool - it is a static report generation tool. It can levarage aggregation functionality of templates - like pivot tables in excel - but then we are talking about excel doing aggregation, not NPrinitng. The only template which can do some form of aggregation in NPrinting is PixelPerfect template - however this functionality can be used only in certain scenarios and we still should perform aggregations on Qlik side. by the way - Qlik is much better in aggregating things since that is its strong feature

The best practice would be then to create a supporting object/chart in QlikView; like:

Dim2,      Exp

2               15

and use this as a source for your chart.

from the memory - i dont think you have LEVEL entity in PowerPoint template. You only have PAGE entity which functionality is described there:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/April2018/Content/PowerPointReports/Page-Features.htm

Cheers

Lech

---------------------------------------------

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-14806. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
hiteshpatil11

Hi Rakul,

Levels are not present in PowerPoint Template. For implementing Levels in Excel you can refer below link:

Creating Excel reports with levels and subtotals in Qlik NPrinting - Qlik Tuesday Tips and Tricks - ...

Thanks,

Hitesh