Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paviaandrea
Contributor
Contributor

Report Updating when a column is changed on QlikSense

Hello all,

I am trying to display a table to an excel report in nPrinting. However the table in QlikSense where data is being pulled out of tends to be modified a lot and it causes the report to error out and not generate.

The issue comes to be when the column contains a function.

In the set-up I dragged and dropped that field onto the .xlsx 

paviaandrea_0-1614703416959.png

paviaandrea_1-1614703565978.png

However due to this evolving table the if statement is changed a lot in QlikSense

paviaandrea_2-1614703772865.png

(ignore the red, I was messing with it). So every time that field value is changed(out of my hands sadly), I have to go back to Nprinting and 1. Reload Metadata from connections, and 2. Remap that column on every Report where that is being used in order to fix it.

Aside from actually dropping the whole table object on the .xlsx(not an option since there are columns we do not wish to display). Is there a way where that value field can be changed and we don't have to reload and remap everything? Or do we have make a case statements and label them with "as something" on the select in the load on QlikSense to make this work?

Thanks!

- Andrea

Labels (2)
3 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

Hi @paviaandrea 

Definitely you've got the right idea about moving as much as possible to the load script using 'as something' as you indicated.

This will not only mitigate the issue, but improve overall performance.

Additionally, if you are following this practice, you will inevitably avoid other problems such as calculated dimensions (that is best moved to the load script) used with NPrinting levels and On Demand reporting

These are not supported as mentioned below

Perhaps others here in this forum may have different possibilities for you as well.

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

My approach is to create master items or variable for those columns. 

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Another best practice is to create an app only for reporting with only the data and objects used by Qlik NPrinting and use variables or formulas as column names.

This approach as the advantage that you can optimize the app for reporting.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.