cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rittermd
Master
Master

Requires multiple logins since SSL added

We recently setup SSL for our NPrinting server.

Since then I have the following issue:

When I login to the Admin console and click on Windows Login I get prompted a 2nd time to enter my credentials.  That didn't happen before.

Also, I am testing the On Demand printing extension for Nprinting.  When the button is clicked in the dashboard to print I am getting prompted to login to nPrinting even though I am already logged in to Qlik Sense.  Again, this did not happen before the SSL was added.

Any ideas how to turn off this 2nd login request.  I can't make users have to login 2 times in apps that contain this extension.

We are running Feb 2018 version of Nprinting and QS.

Thanks

3 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Mark

regarding second login to admin console - check the web server logs. Do you see anything there? Is it going through some load balancer?

regarding extension - not supported by Qlik - so you are on your own, however i guess that the root cause is the same for both scenarios, so maybe focus first on login to admin console, and once you have this done i am sure extension will then work properly too.

regards

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
mm_mercer
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, we are seeing the same issue. were you able to resolve it?

What was the fix for it?

Thanks

Manish Madan

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @mm_mercer 

please open new conversation, describe your scenario, VERSIONS of NP and QS, make sure you have your 3rd party Trusted SSL certificates properly installed, that they meet the requirements as per https://help.qlik.com, that both environments are in the same domain and windows authentication is used. Once you check all this make sure you describe all your torubleshooting steps in your new post and we will take it from there.

Commenting on this post from 6 years ago will not help here as everything has changed since so lets start new conversation and just reference this one via link. cheers

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.