Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Femke
Contributor III
Contributor III

Sort order settings Qlik to Nprinting?

Hi all, 

Is there a way to copy order settings from Qlik into Nprinting? 

The sort order in the chart is now governed by an expression, but Nprinting does not follow this order in a table. I use the same filter in Qlik as well as in Nprinting. 

Many thanks!

Femke Vanneste

3 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi, yes - there should be.

Do you mind screenshotting your settings as i do not fully understand what is happening. 

So the process I would follow would be:

• Create a table/chart in Qlik
  • Apply sort formula in it in Qlik (remember to not to change it by clicking on table haders when you interactively change the order). You have to rely on the settings from Properties/Sort tab in Qlik objects
  • Bring this exact object to NPrinting as a table or level
  • Use it to create your chart or table.

Now to replicate your issue we would need detailed screenshots of your expressions, filters, sorting expressions, dimensions etc..

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Femke
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Dear

Many thanks for your quick help!

I added some screenshots (load editor, sort by expression). I created a table in which I specified the order by expression (names written in load editor). It works well in Qlik, filtering on service (if statement in the expression to order the table), the order changes and is correct. 

Then I put this table into Nprinting and the order is completely different, although I use the same filter (Service) as in Qlik. 

Thank you! 

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Ok, so you have shown me that you have create sort fields in load script. now the most important thing is to have a screenshots of actual table  object (on UI) in Qlik with sort properties etc.

On another note, When using such custom sorting i would use sort by load order (in Qlik sense it is Custom with no checkbox selected)  or i would load the dimension values as DUAL fields. It just looks to me that you are not applying properly this custom order to your table.

read about dual here

https://community.qlik.com/t5/QlikView-Documents/How-to-use-Dual/ta-p/1477054;

you can watch about load order here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXCoCXWHCWI

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.