Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
poooja
Creator
Creator

Stacked Chart in NPrinting

Hi Qlikies,

Please guide me if we can achieve the below thing in NPrinting.

Can we bring stacked bar chart into PowerPoint native chart?

Any tips will be helpful.

Thanks!

Pooja

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Ok, I see what you are trying to do. 

You actually wanted to use QlikSense stacked barchart with 2 dimensions and 1 measure and use it as a table tag in NPrinting. To be frank I have not tested if this is possible or not..... but regardless.... this object would export data in the format which is not the one required for native powerpoint stacked barchart as you will get 2 columns with dimension values and one column with measure. 

If you look closely at tutorials for PPT native stacked bar chart in NPrinitng you will see that you need to have one dimension which will be  supporting X-axis labels (in your example caountry) and measures which will support stack part of the chart (in your example measure for each Department), hence you need a table/chart in QlikSense built in different way (probably using set analysis).

Short answer is you need to build one more object in Qlik Sense which will support your data for NPrinting. I would then use table object for this purpose!

As I always say - there is a lot of planning involved in building NPrinting reports and I usually suggest to have dedicated Qlikview or Qlik Sense apps supporting them so then you don't have to worry about charts which are required for NPrinitng to work most efficiently!

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

@poooja 

before posting questions use at least google search:

this is what comes up  when i typed in google "build stacked bar chart powerpoint nprinting"

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-NPrinting-Discussions/Create-a-stacked-bar-chart-with-PowerPoint-...

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-NPrinting-Discussions/Can-we-create-Stacked-Bar-chart-in-NPrintin...

so to answer your question:

Yes - you can build stacked bar chart using native PPT charts

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
poooja
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Lech,

Thanks for your response. I missed mentioning that I am not able to bring the chart as a table in the PowerPoint template as my expressions are in the Master items. I am able to bring it when the expression are direct and not in the Master item.

Thanks!

Pooja

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

This is very strange what you are saying. I just tested it now i had no issues adding object built of master items to my power point template.

I am not aware of any limitation which would prevent objects built of master items to be pulled in as a table tag in NPrinitng PowerPoint. I guess you just missed something, maybe you did not refreshed metadata?

Or if my understanding is wrong, maybe provide screenshots of the steps you are taking and highlight where it is not working for you.

regards

Lech

poooja
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Lech,

Which version you have used? We are using NPrinting 19 April 2019 version. I am unable to bring stacked bar chart as table in power point.  I am able to bring this object image. but not as table.

what could be the reason. Is this version limitation? any idea?

clipboard_image_1.png

Thanks,

Pooja

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Ok, I see what you are trying to do. 

You actually wanted to use QlikSense stacked barchart with 2 dimensions and 1 measure and use it as a table tag in NPrinting. To be frank I have not tested if this is possible or not..... but regardless.... this object would export data in the format which is not the one required for native powerpoint stacked barchart as you will get 2 columns with dimension values and one column with measure. 

If you look closely at tutorials for PPT native stacked bar chart in NPrinitng you will see that you need to have one dimension which will be  supporting X-axis labels (in your example caountry) and measures which will support stack part of the chart (in your example measure for each Department), hence you need a table/chart in QlikSense built in different way (probably using set analysis).

Short answer is you need to build one more object in Qlik Sense which will support your data for NPrinting. I would then use table object for this purpose!

As I always say - there is a lot of planning involved in building NPrinting reports and I usually suggest to have dedicated Qlikview or Qlik Sense apps supporting them so then you don't have to worry about charts which are required for NPrinitng to work most efficiently!

poooja
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Lech,

Thank you so much for your detailed explanation.This helps me to work around in different way.

Thanks!

Pooja