cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gustavgager
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Two users with the same Name?

Hello there. Im trying to create a user in Nprinting. But i cant since there is already a user with the same Name. 
When i try to add the user i get: "Firsname Lastname' is already a user or a group".

Can this really be as simple as "you cannot have two users with the same name"? That seems to be a huge flaw in the design? Of couse they have diffrent emal adresses. They just hapopen to have the same firstname and lastname.  In large organizations its not uncommon for two people to have the same firsname and lastename.

Labels (1)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Lucas_Gatling
Support
Support

@gustavgager Good morning. Unfortunately, you cannot have the duplicate username or email address in Nprinting. They need to be unique. 

If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution.

View solution in original post

Frank_S
Support
Support

Lucas's response is correct.

Manual entry and import have the same requirements and limitations.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2023/Content/NPrinting/DeployingQVNprinting/Import-Users-Fi...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Lucas_Gatling
Support
Support

@gustavgager Good morning. Unfortunately, you cannot have the duplicate username or email address in Nprinting. They need to be unique. 

If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution.
gustavgager
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Isnt the Username the emailadress? And the email adress unique. Only firstname and lastname is the same.

Frank_S
Support
Support

Please share a screenshot of your scenario.
I suggest you create a mockup with fake information in your import file. 

Then take a snapshot and share it here.

Ie Jon doe

This will clearly define your point for us.

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
gustavgager
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Alright i will get a screenshot of the problem.

However its not hard to reproduce.
I have a User in NP with the name "Emma Svensson" and the emailadress "emma.svensson@copany.se". I now have a new user whos name is also "Emma Sevnsson" but with the email adress "emma.b.svensson@copany.se". Two totally different users who just happen to have the same first and last name. But when i try to create the secound user i get the error: "Firsname Lastname' is already a user or a group".

There is no username. The only thing i enter is First/Last name and mailadress, locale and Timezone.

gustavgager
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Any more input on this? It seems very strange that you cannot crate two users with the same same displayname?

In the screenshot. Im trying to create a user with the name "Albin Olsson". However there is already a user with that displayname, but not the same email adress.

Frank_S
Support
Support

Lucas's response is correct.

Manual entry and import have the same requirements and limitations.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2023/Content/NPrinting/DeployingQVNprinting/Import-Users-Fi...

KHSDM
Creator III
Creator III

I’m encountering the same issue: two users with identical names, but distinct email addresses and Windows usernames. However, I’m encountering an error when attempting to import the user from Active Directory. Is there any workaround for this?

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @gustavgager 

The requirements are clear regarding this - user name must be Unique.

Add a space between first name or last name, add prefix or suffix to make it unique.

I see where you are coming from but at the same time when you are going to lets say assign user to group or task then you will not know which user you are assigning it to given that it will have exactly the same look. This requirement will prevent you from doing such mistake. 

cheers

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.