Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Veerendra_Katikala
Contributor II
Contributor II

Unable to generate Top N records using On-demand report generation button

Hi 

I would need to generate Top N records based on filter selection using On-Demand report button. However, Report troughing an error when I apply following condition in dimension level in a table under 'Limitation' section.

Veerendra_Katikala_2-1720594146587.png

Condition used in Limitation --> Fixed Number --> Top : GetFieldSelections([Top N Supplier])

Veerendra_Katikala_1-1720594105755.png

Error Message:

Veerendra_Katikala_3-1720594372611.png

Could someone please help and provide the solution? if this is not the feasible solution and please suggest alternate options to generate Top N records.

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Veerendra_Katikala
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

My bad this approach is working fine. Thanks all for your time.

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @Veerendra_Katikala 

Do you have any "Always one selected values" in your Qlik Sense app?

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/February2024/Content/NPrinting/GettingStarted/HowCreateConnect...

cheers

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Anil_Babu_Samineni

I guess this is due to different formats? Can you please check how that fields data type between Qlik and N-Printing. 

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Veerendra_Katikala
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

There is no Always one selection value applied in the app, its just a Inline table and I passed that field in dimension level for restrict only to fetch Top N records 

Veerendra_Katikala
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

its just a simple table, in Nprinting template we drag the table No external format applied and Top N Supplier is loaded in inline table. Idea is to fetch Top N records by selecting of this field.

Veerendra_Katikala_0-1720600649595.png

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

no @Anil_Babu_Samineni , that is not the format issue - as it is OnDemand which handles that by itself. 

Also obviously there is a lot more to it than only the inline table as on screenshot we can see the whole table. 

Based on the error there is one of the follwoing problems:

• there is already filter applied to your report/user/object which conflicts with the OnDemand selection
  • or you have "Always one selected value" set on some fields in the app

cheers

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Veerendra_Katikala
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi @Lech_Miszkiewicz , we have one default bookmark in the app which holds few selections when app gets open the bookmark enabled automatically (it can be clear by user) apart from that there are no Always one selection applied in the fields.

Thanks

Veerendra

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I take that this on demand report does not have any NPritnign filters and that your user does not have any nprinting filters connected to this NPrinting connection neither which could interact with the OnDemand selections?

I just want to confirm that your NPritnign report is built of dedicated connection to Qlik Sense app which does not contain any filters created against that connection and the only selection can come from user OnDemand selections. I also want to confirm that there are no hidden fields in the Qlik Sense app - just clear all selections and screenshot selection bar for us.

cheers

Lech

Veerendra_Katikala
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi @Lech_Miszkiewicz , Only two default selections on the app and there are no hidden fields.

Yes it is a dedicated connection and connected to Qliksense app.

Please see the snapshot from the app, I tried to generate with / without default selections.

Veerendra_Katikala_0-1720619399840.png

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

1. Can you clear all selections and then take a screenshot please.
  2. The variable input slider selection will not work with OnDemand as OnDemand does not work with variables state!
  3. Did you try running this report without any selections applied?

cheers