Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ali_hijazi
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

User losing roles

Hello
we have NPRINTING version 21.0.0.0 (February 2021)
there is a user that I gave him Administrator role
however every week this user loses his role and I have to assign him again and again
any clue on this issue?
kindly advise

I can walk on water when it freezes
Labels (2)
11 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I will say you have import user task which updates all users each time it runs. 
check in Tasks—> Import

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
ali_hijazi
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II
Author

yes there is an import task
and that user is listed in the excel from which the import task reads
but the roles are defined in Nprinting
kindly advise

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

You are wrong. Roles are also assigned in import. 

if you need more detail relate to https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2022/Content/NPrinting/DeployingQVNprinting/Import-Users-Fi...

Make sure your import file follows the correct template which you can find under the same link. 

role column is usually last one in the template

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
ali_hijazi
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II
Author

in the excel we are getting the following roles:

ali_hijazi_0-1674035478098.png

and only that one user loses the Administrator role 
there are other users that don't lose the Admin role

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Those are the roles which you are assigning to people. So you need to write for that person:

NewsStand User, User, Administrator

Otherwise each time role assignment gets overwritten

ali_hijazi
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II
Author

what you are saying is correct
but the thing is that there are other users that are assigned to Admin role and these users do not lose that role
these users are in the same excel with NewsStand User, and User roles

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Look, i am not there to investigate everything and check the entire setup you have there. 
I am giving you reason why that user looses Admin role. It is possible that the other admin users were directly created in Nprinting (and not by excel import) which then may prevent them from update. 
Like i said-i am not there to see everything so i cannot explain all strange behaviours uou have there. 
i really encourage you to properly study help to get full understanding of how the import of users work and how attributes are being assigned or updated. It is all in the link i have given you. 

ali_hijazi
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II
Author

but you just taught me something that is if a user was created initially in Nprinting then even if that user was listed in the excel that is imported that user's roles won't be overwritten

thank you

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I am assuming that is the case. I saw similar behaviour in the past but recently i have not tested it-so do not take it for granted, but treat it rather as a hint