Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gabo77
Contributor III
Contributor III

Using Filters on NPrinting

Hi guys.

We have a manufacturing plant that has 2 productions lines (L1, L2).

We need to create a report that has 2 graphics:

1. Productions per hour

2. Compliance

I build 2 graphis on Qlik Sense and it shows perfectly the values.

This grafics are builded using the same table data

Gabo77_0-1652891522565.png

For the first graphic, we need to display the Production per Hour for two lines, but for Compliance graphic we need to show only the data for L2.

I suposed that we can add a filter on Apps > Filters setting to this filter the value of "L2", then applying that filter to the "Report" and finally using it only in the Image for the "Compliance" graphic on the "Template Editor" but... the filter are aplyed on the 2 graphics... so, in the 2 grafics we only see the graphics for L2... How can we set the template to acchive this?

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Frank_S
Support
Support

Unfortunately out of the box, a specific page cannot be ignored when invalid selections appear.

However, perhaps you can leverage NPrinting conditions.

For example, if your condition is configured where 'if chart is empty, false' the report is sent. 

In this case, where the chart is empty, the report will not be sent. However the entire report will not be sent.

This method will likely require that you build more than one report and apply your condition either to the report or to the task (if you choose to place two or more reports within the same publish task.

Condition Rule

Condition on Report in the Publish Task

If needed, Condition on the Publish task via the "Conditions" button shown above rather than on the "Reports" button.

So in a nutshell, use conditions to send a reports ( where table contain data), Any of the reports in the task that do not meet the condition ie: empty chart, will not be delivered.

You may need to experiment with different combinations of rules, condition placement and addition of additional (similar) reports before you get the result you need.

Hopefully this or some iteration of it work for you. 

For more information about configuring NPrinting 'Conditions' feel free to visit help pages Conditions.

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

@Gabo77

I think you might be able to achieve your requirement by using table object filters. For details visit Applying a filter to an object

• create your NP filters
  • apply the necessary filter directly on the table (or image) object as needed within the template editor

Hope this helps...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Gabo77
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Frank_S, thanks for your support...

I think im doing as you say... but with the difference that im applying the filter to the "Report" on the NP too... i omit this last one and it works but... when i open the report, it shows a "blank" image where the L1 report for "Compliance" were placed early... is there a way to omit that page??

Gabo77_2-1652898495932.png

Regards!

Frank_S
Support
Support

Unfortunately out of the box, a specific page cannot be ignored when invalid selections appear.

However, perhaps you can leverage NPrinting conditions.

For example, if your condition is configured where 'if chart is empty, false' the report is sent. 

In this case, where the chart is empty, the report will not be sent. However the entire report will not be sent.

This method will likely require that you build more than one report and apply your condition either to the report or to the task (if you choose to place two or more reports within the same publish task.

Condition Rule

Condition on Report in the Publish Task

If needed, Condition on the Publish task via the "Conditions" button shown above rather than on the "Reports" button.

So in a nutshell, use conditions to send a reports ( where table contain data), Any of the reports in the task that do not meet the condition ie: empty chart, will not be delivered.

You may need to experiment with different combinations of rules, condition placement and addition of additional (similar) reports before you get the result you need.

Hopefully this or some iteration of it work for you. 

For more information about configuring NPrinting 'Conditions' feel free to visit help pages Conditions.

Kind regards...

Frank_S
Support
Support

One more thing,

If you have only one chart in your report, then you can prevent the report from being delivered, you can select the following option in your NP report.

• Error handling: select "Do not generate report" option

Gabo77
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Frank_S Thanks for your support... even when my issue are not solved (not easily as i would have liked) i marked this as a solution because you gave me a way to do more tests.

So grateful.

Regards!

Frank_S
Support
Support

Hi @Gabo77

Glad I could assist.
Kind regards...