Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
srinivas1921
Contributor III
Contributor III

how to implements scheduling part in the NPrinting

Hi All,

I have created a excel report for current selection and also created task includes report, recipients and message details.I can also run the task successfully and I able to send this excel attachment  to specified email id's.this entire development has done in my local machine only.

I have installed NPrinting Designer(16.0 ) in my local machine and installed NPrinting server(16.0 )on the server.

I have few queries that:

1) is it mandatory to install NPrinting Designer on the server?

2) To implements the schedule,can we use NPrinting Designer or NPrinting server or do we require both of this.

3) can we implement scheduling on the local machine or on the server? what are the requirements for this?

3) In the above scenario latest QVW copied from server to  the local machine and done the task using NPrinting Designer.but how can I get latest data in the excel after QVW refreshed on the server? can I use latest QVW by connecting server from local machine using NPrinting Designer?

Kindly provide me solution for my queries and explain me that how do we achieve entire task like from create different type of reports to scheduling using NPrinting.

Many thanks in advance for your great support.

1 Reply
Not applicable

nprinting designer is not reuired on the server but I find it very benefical

All of the scheduling is done within NPrinting designer, and is saved as part of the nsq file.  The nsq file is then processed by the server - the nsq will contain recipients, filters, reports and scheduling.

Please see the links below regarding scheduling

How to Schedule Jobs – Customer Feedback for Vizubi

Troubleshooting: NPrinting Server Service and Schedules – Customer Feedback for Vizubi

there is also information regarding report creation, etc in the following

NPrinting Training Material